Beginners and Beyond

Toddler Penguin Friday (Read 23 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Late run last night, 10 miles 8:27 avg pace.  SRD today and not much going on. 5 easy tomorrow and a 16 mile tempo run on Sunday.  I think we have a slow weekend, for once. Both DDs have practices but that's about it.

See ya.

Zelanie

You guys are funny. Smile In the winter, the social run is just over 5 miles, so if I have time I run 1-2 miles before we start. Yesterday I had time for a 2 mile warmup, and then during the run there was a guy who is training for the local 50k and wanted to run extra past the halfway point, so I ran with him and we ended up with 8 instead of 5 for that run.

hog4life

Grandson #4 might be here today. Maybe a few easy before I go check on them.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, congrats Hog!!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Fly by check-in, I'll be back later on Smile I came to work to use my SAD lamp and run on the treadmill at the university gym. I promised myself that if I got my lazy butt out of bed and came in today I could buy a new pair of shorts. Shorts are ordered (these babies) so now I guess I should do some work and make my way to the gym.

tracilynn

Way to go, Traci.

NOOOOO, zel accidentally ran the 10 miles, not me.  ha

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Yay Mitch!  exciting!

cute shorts lauren!  my thunder thighs would totally change the look of that short in a not so good way.  ha.

hello everyone, TGIF

4 mile tempo at HM pace today with warm up and cool down.

Ended up with 5.2M Total.  My daughter called at the beginning of my last tempo mile (she's at school & never calls me)  she is sick(chills aches) so I had to walk so I could email the school so she could check out. I don't know how to pause my garmin so I decided it would just be a 3 mile tempo run.  It was all good but ran my 3rd mile a little too fast.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yay Mitch!  exciting!

cute shorts lauren!  my thunder thighs would totally change the look of that short in a not so good way.  ha.

hello everyone, TGIF

4 mile tempo at HM pace today with warm up and cool down.

Ended up with 5.2M Total.  My daughter called at the beginning of my last tempo mile (she's at school & never calls me)  she is sick(chills aches) so I had to walk so I could email the school so she could check out. I don't know how to pause my garmin so I decided it would just be a 3 mile tempo run.  It was all good but ran my 3rd mile a little too fast.

Heck yes! Way to go Traci!  I hope the sick one is better. Bleh...

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

NOOOOO, zel accidentally ran the 10 miles, not me.  ha

LOL

Docket_Rocket

Good morning, Penguins!

Nice running, PAD and Bin.

Happy running on the treadmill,  SF.

Scotty, I hope the weather holds for your races!  Is your camera waterproof?

GInny, I sort of tapered...haven't done any hard running this week that would wear me out.  So I feel much fresher right now than I did all week last week, when I was whining about being tired. Smile

Damaris, safe travels to you tomorrow!  Have you seen the weather report for us?  It should be in the 50s when we start and 60s at the finish.  Perfect!  I just wish there was a bit of cloud cover expected.  But I'm not complaining.

I think I'm going to head out for an easy 3 this morning and then go to yoga.

Sounds good!  Especially since I am not racing it but running it with him, which might make me wear a SS or some arm warmers.  Hope to meet you there!

Ginny, Surf City.  Between Lurch, Brilliant, and us, it will be a Penguin extravaganza!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning, Penguins!!  Hmm, preschool fitness.  My mom told me yesterday that my kindergarten-age nephew was the one child out of 1000 at his school who wasn't standing nicely in line with his teacher when they went outside for a fire drill.  He was the one rolling down the hill instead.  Hey, it's exercise!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 5!!

Docket -- Have a good shifted 5!!

Bin -- woo-hoo for your EZ6!!

Stone -- have a good TM3!!

Scotty -- wow, sounds like you got a great office upgrade!!  Good luck this weekend!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your 3 and yoga!!

Ginny -- Have a good SRD!!  I'm hoping the slight snow forecast for Sunday doesn't pan out here either.  We're going over to watch the Superbowl with some friends, and they live slap up the side of a mountain.  Tricky if it gets slick.

Zelanie -- what, did you zone out and forget you were running? 

LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Actually, Brilliant, my camera IS waterproof.  And dust-proof and sweat-proof.  But best of all it is shock-proof, which is good for an idiot like me, I've dropped that thing at least 10 times since I've had it.  Yet it keeps on working.  Gail got me that camera originally, just for me she said, because it's all kinds of 'proof' things...especially Idiot Proof.   lol.

Scotty - the trouble with a window view is it's hard to focus on the computer when it's nice outside.  Yeah, it's a challenge at times....but then my boss comes along and helps me focus again with a good Gibbs slap...    Hope you get only your dusting of snow, Ginny.  Winter for all you 'real winter' folks must be getting pretty old by now.

You gonna get any of those weekend storms up there this weekend, PAD?

Safe traveling tomorrow, Damaris!  And you and Brilliant better have some FE photos of you both together to post when y'all get back! 

Congrats on the 6 easy, Bin!

Still too much snow up there, Stonefence?

How do you do 10 miles by accident, Zelanie?

Wow, 100 miles for the month, way to go Jerry!

Well, shoot, HsM, if there had been an actual fire, I'da been rolling down the hill too...I bet he got away faster than anyone else!

16 mile tempo run does not sound like an easy weekend to me Jack, lol.

Another future runner in the family, Mitch!

And, of course Lauren, that is you modeling the shorts, right?  Nice legs!

Sounds like your ankle is behaving better, Traci!  Sorry your daughter is sick.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Lol Scotty, my legs are much more thunder-thigh than that. I like short shorts anyway Big grin

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brilliant: Good luck on Sunday. I forgot you were running Surf City. I was thinking the LA Marathon was next for you.