Beginners and Beyond

Interesting fact about alcohol (Read 223 times)

happylily

Montreal is famous for its smoked meat sandwiches and also its poutine. But I'm not putting any pictures of them here, or else I'll throw up.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

DJJan, your bagels look delicious! I love bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. mmmm...

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Speaking of ridiculous food....behold the "Francesinha", it's a sandwich containing bread, ham, sausage, a thin steak and cheese. Then it's covered in cheese and a tomato-and-beer sauce. And a fried egg. Plus fries and a beer.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Here Lily, this is for you.

Adam, I don't know what the hell that is.

Dave

LRB

Speaking of ridiculous food....behold the "Francesinha", it's a sandwich containing bread, ham, sausage, a thin steak and cheese. Then it's covered in cheese and a tomato-and-beer sauce. And a fried egg. Plus fries and a beer.

Holy cannoli!  There was a time when I would have engulfed the whole lot of it!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Holy cannoli!  There was a time when I would have engulfed the whole lot of it!

Did someone say cannoli?

You people have issues 

LRB

Did someone say cannoli?

My man!

happylily

Here Lily, this is for you.

Adam, I don't know what the hell that is.

Mmm... Thank you! This convinces me that I need to go to the grocery store right now. I'm all out of good food like that.

happylily

This is so decadent... I'm having a hearth attack just looking at it.

delicate flower

That would be an after run food, right?  Big grin

<3

Village people

DJJan, your bagels look delicious! I love bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. mmmm...

Thanks. Montreal Style bagels are my favorite. There was a store in Halifax that flew them in on the weekends. They were the best.

I should add that I am cooking some of PineGroveDad's falafel's as I type. Yum!

happylily

Yes, Montreal's bagels are great. Actually, I'm surprised that Dave isn't here with his food pics... Enjoy your meal, DJJan. You seem like a great cook yourself!

Better I Leave

My ears were burning...LOL!

Stay tuned folks. Tonight is Eggplant Parmigiana...Big grin

happylily

My ears were burning...LOL!

Stay tuned folks. Tonight is Eggplant Parmigiana...Big grin

LOL... you're too late. I've already eaten. I'll eat the leftovers tomorrow, though. Thanks!

Docket_Rocket

FYP.

The best pizza is the one I am holding in my hand about to stuff into my fat face, whenever I am eating pizza!

Sure, you may come across bad pizza, but mostly, pizza is good unless you buy it in Miami, in which case it sucks.  Pizza with the spirit of your choice is better, but so is big fat chunk of cake or dessert pie, if you are into that!

Can we really go wrong with cheat food people?  Hell to the no!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page