Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Training Truths (Read 115 times)

B-Plus

200 calories in a poptart.

Dad on the run.

Are you still working on that cherry? If so just a few more days and 26.2 miles of pounding on that thing and then .... POP! Mine will happen in Feb.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

200 calories in a poptart.

Are you stuck on poptarts now?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Are you still working on that cherry? If so just a few more days and 26.2 miles of pounding on that thing and then .... POP TART! Mine will happen in Feb.

FYP.

Dave

LRB

lol

B-Plus

Are you stuck on poptarts now?

Well, I need to start a thread about how to carboload for my HM on Sunday ...

happylily

There is a truth I learned about marathons last Sunday, after I crossed the finish line. Seconds after crossing, I was looking and smiling at the other runners when my eyes encountered a woman's legs full of her own excrements, dripping down. It was awful to see and I had to look away for fear that I would be sick to my stomach. So I learned that you don't take chances when you feel cramps in a marathon, you stop at the next porta-potty ASAP. And that's a marathon truth...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, I need to start a thread about how to carboload for my HM on Sunday ...

Lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

There is a truth I learned about marathons last Sunday, after I crossed the finish line. Seconds after crossing, I was looking and smiling at the other runners when my eyes encountered a woman's legs full of her own excrements, dripping down. It was awful to see and I had to look away for fear that I would be sick to my stomach. So I learned that you don't take chances when you feel cramps in a marathon, you stop at the next porta-potty ASAP. And that's a marathon truth...

Maybe she thought it was going to be a fart