Beginners and Beyond

Kobe Bryant's injury rant (Read 102 times)

Hip Redux

Facebook Venting

Usually when pro-players get injured, they don't really say too much except maybe the cliche stuff like "I'll come back stronger" blah blah.  At least I've never seen something like this.

I know anyone who has been injured totally gets his frustration... even if we aren't making $28M to play a game.  Smile

LRB

Damn, I didn't realize he was 34!  Where did the time go, it seems like only yesterday the Lakers traded Vlade Divac to Charlotte for the pick that would be Kobe.  And the rest as they say, was history.

Some of his tweets were pretty funny. He said it was the Meds talking.

I am not a Kobe fan, but I feel bad for the dude.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

LRB

Some of his tweets were pretty funny. He said it was the Meds talking.

I am not a Kobe fan, but I feel bad for the dude.

An A/T rupture is no joke, especially for a professional athlete.  I cannot wait to see the list of those who have returned from it and excelled.

An A/T rupture is no joke, especially for a professional athlete.  I cannot wait to see the list of those who have returned from it and excelled.

I think he made his two FT's after busting his AT. That's nuts. They would have had to scrape me up with a fork lift. Isn't the AT injury what knocked out Sir Charles Barkley.

They said early a 6-9 month rehab. Might be back for the start of next year. I don't see him being the same.

Tomas

If/when he comes back, he will not be the same if for no other reason that he will be another year older. If anyone can come back, he can; I think he is truly the heir to (LRB's favorite player) MJ in terms of being the most driven, hypercompetitive player in the game. He has truly carried an underachieving team on his back, singlehandedly getting them this close to a playoff spot, only for the freak injury to happen. I can see the frustration.

Dave

LRB

I think he made his two FT's after busting his AT. That's nuts. They would have had to scrape me up with a fork lift. Isn't the AT injury what knocked out Sir Charles Barkley.

They said early a 6-9 month rehab. Might be back for the start of next year. I don't see him being the same.

Not sure about Chucky, but Christian Laettner busted his while he was with the pistons and was never the same.  Rip Hamilton had it as well if I recall correctly.

LRB

I think he is truly the heir to (LRB's favorite player) MJ in terms of being the most driven, hypercompetitive player in the game.

Dude you have a great memory.  I wouldn't **** on Jordan to put him out if he was on fire lol!

Hey man rivalries die hard, even more so with us fans.  I am sure you have the same amount of love for Isaiah...or lack thereof as it were.

Hip Redux

I think he made his two FT's after busting his AT. That's nuts. 

He did!  Totally insane - can you imagine how much pain he was in?

Dude you have a great memory.  I wouldn't **** on Jordan to put him out if he was on fire lol!

Hey man rivalries die hard, even more so with us fans.  I am sure you have the same amount of love for Isaiah...or lack thereof as it were.

I assume you were a fan of the bad boys. Rodman may be my favorite player of all time Smile

Tomas

Rubybaby43

enabler

I don't even want to begin to imagine what a ruptured Achilles tendon feels like.  I bet it's worse than childbirth though...with no happy outcome too.  So THAT sucks!

I only skimmed the article and haven't watching tv since it happened.  It's not career-ending for him, is it?

KLO

more miles = more beer

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya, I remember the day Kobe came to the lakers.  Straight outta high school was all the drama. (Back then only Moses Malone and Shawn Kemp had that moniker).  I remember when we had Kobe and Eddie Jones as virtual twins in the lineup running the court like a couple of sprinters that nobody could keep up with.  Also, the first time Kobe blocked one of Jordan,s shots in their first meeting and me thinking, "Ya, the heir apparent just took the big man down!"

But I have since become less a fan of Kobe.  That mentality of "I'm the shit!!" and the spreading of it throughout the league and sports in general just turns my stomach.  I came from the Showtime Lakers era (I remember having Norm Nixon,s signature on an old Laker program and thinking Norm was the greatest.......til Magic came to town and became a basketball god to me.).   It could be nostalgia, but it just seemed that the Magic era was more "team" and less "me, me, me!"

Don't get me wrong, I respect Kobe and he is one of the greatest to ever play the game, but that scowl face whenever he doesn't get his way or he just dunked on somebody,etc. is unattractive to me as a person.  And I know all too well how unethical ALL of these player's personal lives have been, so Magic is no more righteous a man than Kobe but I miss the Magic, Bird, Jordan era.

Randy

delicate flower

He has my empathy.  Serious injuries suck.

<3

LRB

He did!  Totally insane - can you imagine how much pain he was in?

Everyone says it feels like someone kicks you in the heel, at the same time you hear a pop.  I am so careful to stretch my stupid achilles after getting tendonitis last summer in it.

Everyone says it feels like someone kicks you in the heel, at the same time you hear a pop.  I am so careful to stretch my stupid achilles after getting tendonitis last summer in it.

How did you fix your tendonitis? My bro in law has had it since we ran the Houston marathon in jan. last weekend it was red and swollen after his race. He won't/can't rest.

Tomas