Beginners and Beyond

Anyone got a good 8 week marathon program? (Read 115 times)

It caught me off balance as well, but I've got to trust my coach to know what he's doing. He does know my background, age, and recent running history. We're in the process of increasing my long run. This should be no more than another step in that progression, though it may be a big one.

does he have a written long term plan for you with mileage and stuff, or is it a week by week type thing?

I have no idea how the coaching thing for adults works. I would think a plan and tweaking would be in place, but not really sure.

I am sure that both you and him know more about this stuff than I do though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Did you get my email, George?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Did you get my email, George?

Yes I did. I haven't had a chance to read over it yet. I also just got back from my tempo run. I think my pace judgement needs a little tweaking or I'm still tired from yesterday's 7M fartlek run. Today was brutal.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

does he have a written long term plan for you with mileage and stuff, or is it a week by week type thing?

I have no idea how the coaching thing for adults works. I would think a plan and tweaking would be in place, but not really sure.

I am sure that both you and him know more about this stuff than I do though.

I'm sure he has a general outline of where he wants to go, but since this is a personalized program, I'm getting about 2 weeks worth of workouts at a time and tweaking as necessary. I can't use a standard plan of any type easily anyway because my work schedule is highly erratic, so much so that some weeks I work 4 days, other weeks 6 days, I may work morning, afternoon or evening or all three in any given week, and I also work weekends. My schedule can also change on an hour or two notice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Don't faint when you read it....

Yes I did. I haven't had a chance to read over it yet. I also just got back from my tempo run. I think my pace judgement needs a little tweaking or I'm still tired from yesterday's 7M fartlek run. Today was brutal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

Galloway the son of bitch George.   You can do that on three 5 mile runs and a 13 mile walk/run per week