Beginners and Beyond

An excellent reason to read labels on what you eat/drink (Read 609 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

No way I will ever set foot in a Starfucks.  Wawa coffee for me!

MrNamtor

I get tired of people vilifying food groups and sugar. It is misguided and does not do poor families any favors by insisting that they are killing their children if they don't shop at Whole Foods.

Tens of billions of dollars are spent each year to convince people of all economic classes in the US and other countries to EAT MORE, and TO EAT MORE FAST FOOD/JUNK FOOD. And the people who are sponsoring this message have tremendous influence in our media/news outlets because of the amount of advertising dollars they pour into those outlets.

This is why any challenge to their agenda will be portrayed in those media outlets (CNN, FOX, et al) as ridiculous, misguided, elitist or against freedom in some way, and  any message put out by medical groups, the government, or other public service organizations will be almost completely drowned out by the deluge of advertising and spin output by the fast food industry.

Poor people hear the message urging them to eat more junk food much more clearly than they do any other messages.

Jess runs for bacon

I just want to try this Puerto Rican coffee.

Docket_Rocket

I think you might want to try the Cuban version first.  They are actually passing it around as we speak.

I just want to try this Puerto Rican coffee.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

I think you might want to try the Cuban version first.  They are actually passing it around as we speak.

Yes please Smile

skygazer

Just realized that bagel spreads have only ~half the calories of PB. Now it makes it more legitimate to use it freely, not that I used it less freely. I use PB freely too and exchangeably with bagel spreads for bread or bagels. Just love those things.Smile

Where can you get Cuban coffee?

BTW, the fresh produce at our local Kroger is not as fresh as that at the local Walmart. My guess is Walmart has much better circulation and hence better re-stocking rates and fresher produce. Publix has pretty fresh produce though.

Docket_Rocket

Doh.  In Cuba...I mean Miami.

Just realized that bagel spreads have only ~half the calories of PB. Now it makes it more legitimate to use it freely, not that I used it less freely. I use PB freely too and exchangeably with bagel spreads for bread or bagels. Just love those things.Smile

Where can you get Cuban coffee?

BTW, the fresh produce at our local Kroger is not as fresh as that at the local Walmart. My guess is Walmart has much better circulation and hence better re-stocking rates and fresher produce. Publix has pretty fresh produce though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

skygazer

Doh.  In Cuba...I mean Miami.

Alright, I meant elsewhere not in Cuba or Miami. Does Cuban coffee have the same legal status as Cuban cigar in this country?

Docket_Rocket

Find Hispanics and you are sure to find a Cortadito.  Cubans are everywhere; I'm sure you can find Cortadito near you.

Alright, I meant elsewhere not in Cuba or Miami. Does Cuban coffee have the same legal status as Cuban cigar in this country?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

skygazer

Find Hispanics and you are sure to find a Cortadito.  Cubans are everywhere; I'm sure you can find Cortadito near you.

Hispanics pretty much extinct in this state (AL). Now I may have to go to a Mexican restaurant to ask them.Angry

Thanks though.

StepbyStep-SH

The problem with that is that in much of the country the Hispanic population is entirely Mexican or Central American in origin. Only in Florida and perhaps the NYC area are Cuba and Puerto Rico the primary origin for Hispanics.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Trust me.  There are Cubans everywhere.  Two of my coworkers have family in AL.

there might be harder to find because your other minorities are there in higher numbers but they are there.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I just did a 3 second search in google and found 3 Cuban restaurants in AL.  There are more but I stopped searching.

Hispanics pretty much extinct in this state (AL). Now I may have to go to a Mexican restaurant to ask them.Angry

Thanks though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

@runjerseygirl

No way I will ever set foot in a Starfucks.  Wawa coffee for me!

WAWA FTW!  I love Wawa coffee!  Superior to SBX an DND.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Sorry I saw this today.  You might be surprised to find that the highest concentration of Puerto Ricans outside of NY is NOT in Florida, but in Lancaster, PA.  And you might be surprised at the community you might have nearby and don't even know it.

The problem with that is that in much of the country the Hispanic population is entirely Mexican or Central American in origin. Only in Florida and perhaps the NYC area are Cuba and Puerto Rico the primary origin for Hispanics.

Damaris

Fundraising Page