Beginners and Beyond

GND 15K RR (Read 74 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

It's comforting to read that even a veteran runner like yourself struggles with trying to train through races.  It's just an incredibly challenging thing to decide what's better to sacrifice.  Awesome job running consistently out there - you obviously picked an appropriate pace for the conditions and the way you were feeling.  We'll go with 2nd in AG!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Love the Half

I think it would be enormously difficult to maintain an even pace when you have runners of such varying speeds around you.  I mean that sounds really hard.  I think you ran a terrific race in difficult weather conditions and I am seriously impressed with the maintenance of pace with all of the different paces around you.  Beyond that, you raced on tired legs and having done so myself this past weekend, I know how hard it is to make yourself keep pushing.  I think how you handled this race mentally is a great example of how it should be done.

Great job George.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Nice race, George!  Looks like you paced it perfectly with the 5k splits being so close.  And congrats on your 2nd place AG. Smile

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)