Beginners and Beyond

Evaluate your Life Weekend Penguins (Read 28 times)

PADRunner

Congrats Jerry, great job!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nice job, Jerry!

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

Congrats Jerry!

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Congrats Jerry, and to the Mrs too.

From the Internet.

Congrats Jerry and Mrs. Jerry!

Lauren, did the doc give you the go ahead to jog already? Wow, lenient dr. Listen to your body coming back.

Zel, glad the run was good.

Ginny, I'm not training for a full specifically,  but if I can get to some longer runs, I might sign up for our local Dec 13 full last minute. Just to do as a LR. I'm not sure I will ever race a full.

today it was 45 degrees when I got up. I should have went for a run right then, but will wait till later.

Weeeell, nooot exactly - he said to make an appointment for 2 weeks post-op, but failed to tell me that he'd be out of the office for the rest of the month so my appointment was pushed back to 3+ weeks post-op. I wasn't given any restrictions on walking or other light cardio exercises though, so I'm probably just going to be a bad kid and jog a little if it doesn't cause pain or anything. Before the repair it only ever popped out toward the end of quality workouts, so I will be avoiding speedwork until I'm told it's okay to do (probably 6 weeks out, when the 10-pound lifting restriction is over).

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to Jerry and Mrs. Jerry.  What's a Cyclone?

Zel - you've been very patient.  I'm glad your first run went well.

D - enjoy the rest day.

Rach - my allergies are acting up too.  I hope yours get better soon.

Lauren - good job on the walk.  I hope Tuesday's first jog goes well.  Just listen to your body.

Mitch - I can see doing that for a half.  Being ready for a full without notice takes a lot more effort.

PAD - good job on the LR.

Jack - I'm glad the rest has done you good.  I bet it feels great to be able to run without pain finally.

AFM:  probably a RD.  Can't breathe and just don't have a lot of energy.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Congrats Jerry!!!

I ran 10 yesterday morning and 5.6 this morning. The mornings have been so perfect and cool here in SoCal the last few days.

Docket_Rocket

2:17:46 is a 2 minute PR for us.  We had a great time with our pace group but left them in our dust the last mile (9:50).  Felt so good and great to see so many Cyclones here.

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page