Beginners and Beyond

I'm still alive and well (Read 181 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Having a great time in Ireland. Will be back soon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy!  Especially St. patrick's.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Yeah! I was thinking about you just yesterday... Have fun and visit lots! And please have a shandy for me! And go hike if you can! And... and... sigh... stupid job of mine that keeps me here... Big grin

You deserve a great vacation, George, I know how hard you worked for it. Travel safely.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

SheCan

Having a great time in Ireland. Will be back soon.

Lucky you!  Have fun!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

Ahh, the beer, the beer, the beer!  You owe us at least one money shot of some of Ireland's finest.  Enjoy the trip!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Have a Guinness for me!

happylily

Have a Kilkenny! Better than Guinness, but made by the same good people!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Have a Kilkenny! Better than Guinness, but made by the same good people!

Sorry, nothing is better than Guinness! But if I were in Ireland & forced to pick a 2nd choice, I would go with a Beamish.

Dave

mucknort

Have fun, and since this has turned into a beer thread, if you have a Guiness be sure to request a "perfect pint", which takes 119.53 seconds to pour. I've hear Ohara's Celtic Stout is good.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Have a wonderful time!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GinnyinPA

Hope you're having a grand time, without many 'soft' days.

hvmorfun

mad cow

Not sure what part you're in, but if you can manage a visit to the Jameson factory (near Cobh and Waterford as I recall), it is worth it.

Enjoy the craic!

You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad. You don't cotton to it. You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness. Bad dog! Bad dog!

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

You know it never rains in the Pubs in Ireland -- stay dry George!

Have a great time, always wanted to go there.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Glad to hear it!  Hope you are enjoying yourself over there!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt