Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Love Valentine's Day! (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Scotty, she still has the closed eye but she is opening it more and more.  I think she scratched it or has something there that stayed there for a while.  She is right now with both closed and opened eye.  I have not taken her to the vet because there is nothing coming out of her eye, no blood, no signs of infection, nothing but a pirate eye.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Got the report back, no fractures!!!!!!  I am so freaking happy right now, can't even describe it. Smile  They put me on antibiotics, might be a touch of infection causing the swelling, but I can keep running!!!!!!!!  The report said the lines were just from growth.  I am one happy camper.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Scotty love the wedding picture and story!!!

Dave that is such great news!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Awesome news, D2!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Awood, I voted for y'all earlIer.  Wow its a close one! Good luck

Scotty and Gail, Happy Anniversary you lovebirds.

Dave, great news about the non fracture!  I bet you are relieved.

Jack, good luck completing your hike. I have a feeling this will be THE one.

lunch ...  had 2 eggs over medium and 2 pieces toast, glass of almond milk and 2 squares of dark choc.

Making a crab and artichoke dip for dinner tonight with a pan of brownies with m&ms in shape of a heart on top.

Shin splints are gone but foot still hurts.  Next appt wed the 20th.

Happy VD everyone (har har)

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Nice shoes!  I have some inspire 8s. Really like the blue ones

Morning, Happy Valentine's Day!

Gym this morning. Was worried about running outside when it snowed overnight, but turns out the roads seemed just fine. Oh well. 20 minutes on the elliptical, 2 miles on the dreadmill (I hate that thing! but I'm happy to be running again, period.)

A few of the Dailies folks from the other thread asked to see my new shoes, so I figured I would show them to you guys too, Both Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s. The grey, seafoam and purple ones I got 2 weeks ago, the blue ones came Tuesday night!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Yay Dave! Now we can call you a lucky robot alien!

SheCan

Ginny-  Hope your road trip is going well!

Kristin & Gustav- -Enjoy your new shoes.

Philliefan- what a nice surprise for all the women!

Docket- I would never want to run in a Florida rain, yikes!

Jack- have a great, and safe trip at Zion.  It's so pretty there, so take lots of pics to share with us.

Jen- glad you got to spend V day with your DH!

Scotty-  happy anniversary and V-Day to you and Gail!   Thank you for sharing the memories and photo with us.  What a cute couple you were always.  Glad you didn't try to compete with Awood with this photo.  ;-)

Dtothe2nd--- YIPPEE@ that news!  That's wonderful.   May the swelling go down soon and you get back on your feet!

What's everyone have for lunch? 

Was busy, so I just grabbed some Kettle Cooked Chips with Spinach dip.  I know I should have gotten something more nutritious  but just didn't want to mess with it.   Ran what should have been 4 really easy miles, but for some reason, my legs felt super tired.  Hmmmm....

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

For lunch I had a shrimp and angel hair pasta lean cuisine. I keep a bunch of lean cuisines in the freezer for days I am too lazy to make lunch/running late/out of food.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Zelanie

Just rice and beans with salsa, a salad, and a banana.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I just realized that I am leaving to go to my boyfriend's for the weekend tomorrow right from work, so that obviously means I can't make my yoga class after work, or my "back up plan" yoga class at 1:30 on Saturday, soooo that means 8:30pm yoga tonight. I really try if at all possible to get a class in every week. So that means double workout today (gym this AM and yoga tonight) and a rest day tomorrow (though will likely do ITB rehab stuff in the AM before work). And it also means I have a hot Valentine's Day date tonight.....with my yoga mat Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Anniversary and V Day Scott and Gail.

Sloooow.

Dave- glad to hear the good news! I bet that's a huge weight off your shoulders.

Scotty- Happy Anniversary! Hope you both have a wonderful day Smile

Gustav- I hope the shoes work for you. Bad shoes started the shin splints I'm still dealing with, it sucks.

Awood- Best of luck with your competition, wish I could vote again!

Jerry- Sounds like a wonderful evening that you have planned Smile I guess I'm a scrooge, I don't "celebrate" Valentines Day. Forbid the other half to get me anything. Hows it's always been, lol.

Kristin- Love the new shoes!

Bin- Hope you manage to get the miles in after dinner.

Phillie- What a lovely thing for the guy to do, bet he made a bunch of ladies day.

HopesMom- The Bluegrass concert definitely counts, nothing wrong with a belated celebration.

Zelanie- Bet it's nice to get the compliment on your running form Smile

Jack- I hope you get to complete your hike, best of luck.

Jen- Sure you will enjoy the time with your husband, some very nice VDay gifts all around.

Docket- I really hope your cat's eye improves Sad My other half spent most of his life in South Florida, and he's told me about the legendary rain storms. I feel like we're going through monsoon season here, record rains for the year and lots of flooding. It's been crazy.

Traci- I'm glad your shin splints are better. What have you been doing to help? I've been having a problem with my left leg, urgh.

Cherie- Sorry your run didn't go too well. Maybe take a rest day?

Lunch for me was parmigiano-reggiano slices wrapped in brown sugar ham. Amaaaazing. Just finished 3 miles, mixed it up a bit with 0.4 miles @ 9:30 pace and last 0.1 @ 8:34. I have three days left in the week to do 4 miles. Tomorrow is my pre-op, so don't know what will happen. I had a bad bought of vertigo over night into this morning, so I'm kind of worried the tumour is growing back. Fingers crossed though. I really want the ear bone prosthesis done to get some of my hearing back. Only benefit to the deaf ear is not hearing snoring at night, lol.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

D2: Great news!!

She Can: I'm sure I can manage to get a few. Smile

tracilynn

Kristin have fun with your yoga mat tonight you wild woman!

coralie I hope your tumor isn't growing back. When is your actual operation?  I'm not doing anything for my splints because shin splint rehab ticks off my peroneal tendon in my foot.  I'm just sitting around eating like I'm still running and getting fatter by the day. Dead

~~~~~~~

Traci