Beginners and Beyond

Swing Low, Sweet SUNDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

Good morning everyone.

Good luck to this weekend's racers!

I awoke about an hour ago, dropped, and did forty pushups. In about two hours, I'll head out for my LR. sometime later today, I'll head to the gym to do weights. I'll fit ab work into my day, too.

Just B.S.

Up and at 'em!  Morning Basya! 

Headed out for 15 miles. Last longish run before marathon on May 12th.

Had a 2 minute PR in my 5 mile trail race yesterday. My 8th consecutive year running this race

so having a 2 minute PR at age 51 is a big deal for me.  Having a good race just prior to a marathon

is always a good confidence booster.

If anyone cares about details I posted in yesterdays daily thread, but late so only a few people saw

it.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!

LRB

What up doe B!

I have been up for a while, so I am heading out a little early (for me) for my Sunday long run.

Looking at 12 miles, peace!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning folks.

No run for me today, legs are sore.  No more races planned for several weeks now so I will be getting back to my regularly scheduled running starting Monday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Got some coffee and food in me, I'll be heading out for a run in a bit, maybe longish, we'll see how I feel once I get out there.

Great job on the PR Beth, that's awesome!

Hope everyone has a great day, and good luck to anyone racing today!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I woke last night to the sound of thunder...

How far off I sat and wondered.

Started humming a song from 1962...

Then I fell back asleep and all was well!

Morning, Dailies!

Still raining in SE Tennessee. We've had almost 2.5 inches over the last 2 days so far and it's coming down pretty steady still.

I'll be heading to Columbia, SC for a conference this week. Should be fun. I signed up as a facilitator, which should add a hint of excitement to the event. With any luck, I'll be able to get out and do a few miles there either this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Best of luck to all the racers today! I know a couple of people are running events at Big Sur including Thelearnedfoot! Go get 'em!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

Sunday what ya got!!  I was up early to get my workout in this morning.  30 minutes elliptical and a shoulders workout.

Today would have been my goal 10K.  It's a race here in my town and I run the course all time.  I'm bummed that I can't race today.  I'm very happy that wife can race it though, so I'll be her sherpa and photog today.  Oski and her DH will be there and we'll chow down after.  It should be a fun day.

Have a great Sunday.  Two workdays and then we're Disney bound!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Back from 12.20 miles in the new Hokas.  Love them!  And I was fast in them.

Tom, where is the conference?  At the NAC?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Morning.  Back from 12.20 miles in the new Hokas.  Love them!  And I was fast in them.

I thought you hated them things?

12.55 miles done; 1:47:40.

Supp everybody!

outoftheblue

Good morning all!

I'm up early (for me anyway) and getting ready for my 18 miler.    Last night we discovered a raccoon living under our tool shed and my smallest dog won't let it be.   We are worried he is going to find a way into the nest and get bit -- the dog isn't much bigger than the raccoon. DH is trying to figure out a way to scare out the raccoon and block up the hole to the nest while I'm on my run.  Hope that goes. well.

Life is good.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, where is the conference?  At the NAC?

D, it's the SERC System Operator Conference. It's being held at Embassy Suites Greystone. I've been to a couple of them over the years, and I really like Columbia the best. Partly because after the conference ends on Thursday, I can drive down to Jacksonville and visit the family for a few days. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

I didn't love the trail ones.  These are road ones.

I thought you hated them things?

12.55 miles done; 1:47:40.

Supp everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cool.  I find Columbia a bit boring but the areas near the NAC are so pretty and hilly and it's so low humidity that running there is a pleasure.  Columbia also has great food and beer.

D, it's the SERC System Operator Conference. It's being held at Embassy Suites Greystone. I've been to a couple of them over the years, and I really like Columbia the best. Partly because after the conference ends on Thursday, I can drive down to Jacksonville and visit the family for a few days. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Good morning runners!

Congrats Beth!

Nice run LRB!

I'm DNSing my race today. I had to make this decision yesterday morning because the race requires an overnighter. I was so sick yesterday I can't even describe it. Today will be all about trying to get food in my body to get some energy back. I don't know if I'll run today ... Probably not.

Good luck racers!