Beginners and Beyond

Detroit Hot Cocoa Classic Half Marathon Race Report (Read 73 times)

Queen Of The Race Report

I posted on Facebook, and it seems like SOOOO many others did as well. We all got acknowledged. So. Maybe that's a start?

Blog: http://runstaceyrun.tumblr.com/
    Contact Info: LiveJournal/DailyMile/Twitter: staceyloobug
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/staceypurpura

PRs: Marathon: 4:54:31 | 1/2 Marathon: 1:58:24 | 10K: 1:01:45 | 5-Mile: 46:04 | 5K: 27:01 | Longest Run: 26.2 Miles
    43 Races: (21) 5Ks | (2) 5-Milers | (3) 10Ks | (16) Half Marathons | (1) Full Marathon

LRB

That is a start and an end.  Facebook pressure does not mess around!

Congrats on your pregnancy, a great race, and another great report.  They are really fun to read.

Hopefully you'll save your writeup and pictures to share with baby Sup.  Firstly, for Sup to think that mom is pretty cool.  Then after a few years, to think that mom is a huge dweeb.  And after several more, to realize that mom actually *is* pretty cool.

Well done.

Congrats on the race, and on the great report as always!

And even more congrats on the baby in progress! Although the cats will, I'm sure, be unimpressed.

I am no doctor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I say keep running as long as you feel physically able. For both your body and your mind.

Despite living in the Detroit metro area, I have never run a race downtown. Hopefully that will change in October, we'll see. Hope you enjoyed your stay in general, other than race organization problems and signal reception of any kind. Detroit gets a bad rap but there are really some nice parts.

Sucks about the course planning. In the marathon I did, we merged with the half runners with about 6-7 miles to go. Which I thought would be nice, since it was a pretty small marathon field (360) and I thought it would keep things from getting too lonely. But in fact the timing put us with some of the slower runners, whom I found myself wanting to pass. The course narrowed in portions, and I was in the part of the race where I was basically on brain-stem function only, and the last thing I wanted to do was try to run around people, or red-rover through a 4-across line, or use excess energy to say "excuse me". Although ended up having to do all those things. So it was a bit annoying. Fortunately however it did not create any food lines. Not that there was any food worth waiting for, it was pretty lame. But I digress.

Anyway, congrats again.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Congratulations on the baby, and the race!  Great RR as always. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!