Beginners and Beyond

Hey I Won a Free Race Entry! (Read 46 times)

Received this email today:

Thanks so much for stopping by the Atlanta Track Club booth at the Kaiser Permanente Corporate Challenge and entering
    to win a free entry into one of the following events:

- Fit for Fall 5K Training Program

- Atlanta Marathon 5K

- Thanksgiving Day 5K

Your name was selected as the winner!  

If you could, please let me know which option you have chosen and then I can send you information on how to register for one of the events listed above. This can be used by you, or passed along another runner that you know who is interested in participating. 

This event took place last Thursday.  I never win anything from these drawings.  So I was totally surprised.  It's especially timely since the previous four plus weeks my running mojo was non-existent due to nagging injuries, reduced mileage, and a marathon race deferral to 2014.  Yesterday I ran 7 miles for the first time feeling good in weeks and now, I received this email.  It's looking positive again.

Since I'm already volunteering for the Atlanta Marathon, just need to confirm w/DW there is no issue running on Thanksgiving morning (like unexpected travel out of town to relative's house).  Sometimes, the unexpected is the best blessing.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Awesome!

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

Docket_Rocket

Nice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Sweet!

Awesome!

Jess runs for bacon

Awesome!!!