Beginners and Beyond

Frickin Friday Penguins (Read 25 times)

SheCan

Hi Penguins!  Hope everyone is having a pleasant cool Friday.

I did 6 1/2 miles this morning, came in, cleaned up and went shopping for our Anniversary party tomorrow.  I wanted to somewhat share it with you all, at least virtually.  My dear husband and I have been together 30 years, and married 29 as of this past Tuesday.  He is my best friend, and the only person I could imagine sharing this lifelong journey with.  There's definitely been moments where we thought we just weren't going to make it, but eventually pulled though and are more united and stronger because of it.  I looked through our pictures, and there wasn't many of us together back then (ahhhh, the days before selfies!) , but here's a few to share:

This was before we were married.  No laughing, people just looked funny back then.  
    Why I'm wearing a Micky Mouse shirt I dunno!

We ran away to Florida in 1985 to get married.  A preacher was doing paper work at his

church when we asked if he would marry us.

This is a fairly recent pic of us (you might have already seen it) but we're

still in love as always.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

SheCan

Pad-- ugh@ a flat.  I sure hope you had a spare or were able to air it up quickly.  Why were you working an 18 hour day, anyhow?  I hope you're resting and not reading this!

Zelanie-- oh good luck tomorrow!

Scotty-- yikes, that sounds like a hot, uncomfortable run!   But at least the raccoon sounds cute!

Obie-- I think I had one of those nights last night also, except I was the one keeping my cat awake.  Poor baby just wanted to curl up on top of me.

Bin--- maybe that's something going around.  I think I'm also suffering from long-run-fever.  Lets hope we eventually get over it.

Jerry-- awesome run!  Especially for DW I guess ;-)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Happy anniversary, Cherie!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Happy anniversary, Cherie!

Yes, quite the milestone!!!  That's great!

It'll be 20 for me & the wife next year!!  The time sure flies, doesn't it???

I thought I already posted in here but since I didn't.....a 3 or 4 easy miles on the hamster wheel tonight.  Got a group bike ride tomorrow morning so gonna try & be nice to the legs.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randy

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy 29th, Cherie and hubby.  Sorry we can't make it to the wine tasting anniversary party.

We will be in Cancun in November for our 33rd.

SheCan

Thank you guys!!!  Docket!  ty!!!

Redrum-- yes time seriously flies, especially the longer it goes on.  Woooohoooo@ 20!  That's a long time also!  Have fun on your group ride tomorrow.

Jerry-- Dangit!  I was hoping you could make it!  Maybe we can make it to Cancun with you in November! Smile

Cherie

PADRunner

Cherie - Congratulations on your anniversary. Important question is how many miles have you been married?

I got a couple of hours of sleep, but had an appointment for a quote at 10:00 then back to work at 3:00. I had some configuration issues that came up that had to be fixed.

tracilynn

Cherie! Happy anniversary! Y'all are so darn cute then and now! 

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Happy anniversary, Cherie!  You guys look adorable in the pictures!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: happy anniversary to both of you. Your husband is one lucky guy! Smile

Bin Running

Happy anniversary, Cherie. You two look good together.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Happy Anniversary Cherie! This year will be 31 for Connie and I. And yes it does fly.

I bought a new grill today and a weed whacker, 30 minute easy bike ride.

SheCan

ohhhh, nervous stomach got me up early.  I didn't plan on running, but  I think I will now...

Thank you all for the kind comments.  :-)  You all are wonderful!

Cherie