Beginners and Beyond

Nike+ GPS or Soleus GPS 2.0? (Read 88 times)

jms23

Also posted this on the gears forum.

I am choosing between these two GPS watches.  I only need to track my distance and pace and I do not need any other features.  Also, other brands are out of the question as these are the ones within my budget and are readily available.  I am leaning towards the Nike+ since it is advertised as being powered by Tom-Tom but I am seeing mixed reviews with this.  Any experiences in using these two units?

LRB

I was in a similar dilemma back in the summer and ultimately decided to wait until I was ready to spend the extra do-re-mi on the garmin, which is a superior product in almost every category, and includes the ability to analyze and compare your run data on its website.

That said, one of the least expensive products I came across was from New Balance (link), which sells for less than $70.00 bucks.

Amazon has flash deals on gps watches all the time.  Good luck!

Soleus 1.0 was a good basic non downloadable unit and cheap. Soleus 2.0 apparently has the download capabilities but the software is really bad.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Shakedown Street

why not the new garmin w/o heart rate...and you can upload stuff here....

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

jms23

Thanks all.  I have just began using the Nike+ app on my Android phone.  So far it is reporting fairly accurate distances if I compare it with Google maps. I'm also looking at Garmin alternatives but those are not readily available as the Soleus and Nike+ in my area.