Beginners and Beyond

School shooting in CT (Read 584 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no!  Very sad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PragmaticRnnr

Fitness Jogger

Hearing the TV people interview the Mom's and Dad's who are crying is making me cry.  I have to turn off the TV sound.  Another psycho who hurt innocents.  Why?  Why children? 

Not quite right

Yea as a parent hard to read  

This is terrible, how awful for the families affected by this. My heart goes out to them.

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I want to leave work right now and go pick up my kids. School is supposed to be safe. How on earth could someone do something like this???

@runjerseygirl

At least one of the parents of the shooter was killed in NJ before the shooting in CT.

Do you even run?

I want to leave work right now and go pick up my kids. School is supposed to be safe. How on earth could someone do something like this???

Me too.  She has a minimum day today, and I'm considering leaving work early to pick her up and spend the afternoon with her.

I just saw the news report on this, and had to turn it off my computer. The picture of the line of crying kids being led out of the school by a police officer ... Heartbreaking.

@runjerseygirl

I was thinking about it.  By the time I get there, my son will already be on the bus.

Do you even run?

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

I'm in CT but work in North Central CT and live in SE CT on the other side of the state from the shootinngs.  But they are closing several schools in the Western part of the state.  I may leave early just to go hug my kids.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

@runjerseygirl

Suspect is named Ryan Lanza.   His mother worked at the school and was shot and killed there.

Do you even run?

Ball of Fury

I just don't understand how anyone can look at a child and shoot them??  It just makes me sick!  Praying for the loved ones of all those involved.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Love the Half

I made this comment in another place.  There are things in this world that I don't like but I understand.  For example, I understand terrorism.  It's been around for a very long time and I get why groups use terrorism in an effort to achieve their goals.  I don't have to approve morally of what they do to understand why they do it.  But, the bottom line for terrorists is that the violence is a means to an end rather than an end itself.  I even sort of get the guy who loses his job and comes in and shoots the boss.  This kind of stuff, I just don't understand at all.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MrNamtor

You don't understand this and you don't want to understand this. If you ever do understand why some one would do this, you're in a lot of trouble yourself.

happylily

I made this comment in another place.  There are things in this world that I don't like but I understand.  For example, I understand terrorism.  It's been around for a very long time and I get why groups use terrorism in an effort to achieve their goals.  I don't have to approve morally of what they do to understand why they do it.  But, the bottom line for terrorists is that the violence is a means to an end rather than an end itself.  I even sort of get the guy who loses his job and comes in and shoots the boss.  This kind of stuff, I just don't understand at all.  

Mental illness?

In Quebec, there was a recently divorced father of three, a heart surgeon, who killed his children while his ex-wife was on a weekend getaway with her lover. He was arrested. They claimed it was a temporary moment of insanity. He's out of jail now, after 2 years. And he's back practicing in a hospital... Nice system...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

+10000000000000000000