Beginners and Beyond

It's Wednesday DAILIES and... (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

I am pretty observant to what the person I am running with likes or dislikes so when I sense that I need to shut up I will. 

Weren't you the one who went to a group run once and TALKED, TALKED,TALKED,TALKED?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Weren't you the one who went to a group run once and TALKED, TALKED,TALKED,TALKED?

Like a mother f*cker!  lol

Some people don;t mind it, you can tell when they keep asking you to tell them about this or tell them about that.  When they aren't talking much or are giving one word answers you know it's time to stifle yourself.

meaghansketch

For me it's very context dependent:

Race: Don't talk to me, I'm doing my own thing

Group workouts: chatting during rests, warmup, cooldown; otherwise no talking (or maybe a 2-word 'good job/'nice work' etc. bit of encouragement)

Long Runs:  PLEASE TALK TO ME!  I swear the miles fly by when I'm talking with just about anyone.

happylily

I have no idea if I would like to talk or not, since I'm always alone. But my guess is that I would be out of breath after talking for more than 5 minutes in anything faster than a recovery run.

12 miles, 8:23 pace.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I run alone but when I run with people I do OK (or so I think.  Ask them).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

That one looks good, LRB. Thanks!

This is the one I was actually thinking of: Hibernating Heinies. Though it is older than I remembered.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

PM

4.69 miles    s l o w...

but probably good for me.

B-Plus

My hammies are tighter than a mofo after yesterday's dumb strength exercises.

I don't mind a bit of chatter on easy group runs, but don't yap in my ear for the entire time, ok?

Just B.S.

Last night brick workout. 15 minutes bike / 15 minutes treadmill  repeated 3 times.

Followed this morning by 7 am pools laps.

Followed by 4:30 post work  hilly run. 5.25 miles @ 9.25 pace.

Followed by 2 hours of yard work.

Officially exhausted and heading to bed.