Beginners and Beyond

Happy MLK Mondailies! (Read 73 times)

Better I Leave

Just completed my Personal Health Assessment for my healthcare company, and it said that I am a model of health and fitness and that I'm setting the example for my coworkers/family. Big grin

Nice...Well done my friend. Smile

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats on the races, flarunner and jedi! Some speedy running!

8 miles done in 1:17 (9:38 average pace) with 10x30 secs at 8.2 mph (5k pace). Strong run, felt good. Got the heartrate up on the fartleks, but never felt like I was struggling.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Perhaps.Smile

Ha, maybe you should run all of your races at the last minute!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Jess runs for bacon

LRB, the greek word for fire is "photia." I'm sure I'm spelling it wrong (well, I can spell it in real greek if it counts). I learned this very special word when I was in Greece in 2007 and half the country was on fire. Not my favorite place in the world to visit, but the frappes and gyros are yums.

I've been doing strengthening routines almost every day now. Just looking for more to add to my repertoire Smile

Hello everyone!

Slept in, finishing up my coffee and then it's out for a nice easy recovery run, at the lake again. Smile

I'm making my own dream come true, by getting healthy.  Just completed my Personal Health Assessment for my healthcare company, and it said that I am a model of health and fitness and that I'm setting the example for my coworkers/family. Big grin

Very well done Dtothe2nd! Its not an easy journey but man the payoff feels soooo good.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5 miles done today, negative splits. 9:03, 8:59, 8:48, 8:37, 8:27 paces for each mile. Pushed pretty hard that last quarter mile or so.

Nap time - getting prepared for the night shift.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Gustav, Jeep, AprilRunner, flarunner, Damaris, I hope that you're enjoying your rest day.

Just B.S., have a great swim.

Tom, happy hitchin'. Smokin' run.

Baboon, have a great workout.

flarunner, congratulations on your first-place AG finish.

Shari, excellent run.

Rick, tell Myrtl I say hiSmile

Robert, congratulations on your distance PR.

lilac_jive, Heidi, jneilt, Pinktastic, B-Plus, Dave, enjoy your runs.

After work, I'll do 4.0 miles o'hill repeats on the TM, as well as push-ups and abs.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

LRB - OPA!!!

Dave - We have a "health check" thing at work also. The results help in keeping tabs on some issues, and there's a little monetary bump if you turn in good numbers. I did well on ours. The guy giving the health check said that he wished that everybody was a runner because it would make his job a lot easier. I guess he wouldn't have to scold and advise so many if people were a bit healthier.

And running has definitely made me healthier!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

One of my running friends and I took a trip to Trader Joe's - about 45 minutes away - and stopped at a produce place on the way there. I got 2 huge bunches of kale, a bunch of swiss chard, a big bag of bananas, a big bag of apples, 2 pounds of red bell peppers, and 3 avocados for $12. Then I bought a bunch of food (mostly junk food... ha) at TJ's. Cookie butter.... omg. I could eat a bowl of it.

I hate that we don't have a local TJ's, but it's probably for the best.

StepbyStep-SH

One of my running friends and I took a trip to Trader Joe's - about 45 minutes away - and stopped at a produce place on the way there. I got 2 huge bunches of kale, a bunch of swiss chard, a big bag of bananas, a big bag of apples, 2 pounds of red bell peppers, and 3 avocados for $12. Then I bought a bunch of food (mostly junk food... ha) at TJ's. Cookie butter.... omg. I could eat a bowl of it.

I hate that we don't have a local TJ's, but it's probably for the best.

I want a produce place like that here! And it would be nice, too, to have a TJ's closer. There is one a little over an hour away, but I cannot justify driving there. And what is cookie butter? Sounds incredibly, awesomely unhealthy.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon all!  I did 10.25 recovery miles today, at one point in a white out, at other points in bright sunshine.  Go figure.   Question:  Do you all think that the point of a recovery run is negated once it gets to a certain length?  Also, does a hilly route defeat the purpose of a recovery run?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Vegan Ang

Formerly sdnyc99

Good afternoon & happy MLK day all!

Jumping back in here to say hi.

A class at the gym today followed by a few miles on the tm afterwards.  I've become such a cold weather running wimp.

Angela 

delicate flower

70 minutes done on the elliptical, followed by lots of knee stretching.  I feel so experienced now with the knee injuries, and I know I've got to get full range of motion back as soon as I can.  So I stretch, stretch, stretch, and I tell ya it is painful.  It's coming along though.

Logged about 40 miles on that damn machine in the past week.  Too bad those miles don't count.

<3

LRB

70 minutes done on the elliptical, followed by lots of knee stretching.  I feel so experienced now with the knee injuries, and I know I've got to get full range of motion back as soon as I can.  So I stretch, stretch, stretch, and I tell ya it is painful.  It's coming along though.  

Curiosity got the best of me so I gogled a torn ACL image....it gave me the heebie geebies!

delicate flower

Curiosity got the best of me so I gogled a torn ACL image....it gave me the heebie geebies!

Like, the MRI imagine?  Those MRI photos just all look like brains to me.  Big grin  The post-surgery leg pics are not pleasant though, nor are the moment-of-injury pics.  That is a brutal injury to suffer...and I got to do it twice!

<3