Beginners and Beyond

National Apple Pie Day Tuesday Penguins (Read 26 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

Office yoga may save my sanity.  I've been doing yoga in my office probably 4x per week, plus once at home on the weekend, for about 3 weeks.  My knee feels so much better that I'm just now beginning to appreciate how much chronic pain I was in.  No wonder I wasn't doing anything when it hurt that much to do anything!!  Now I actually have hope that I will get back to running.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sick day for me (aka unpaid leave).  Did have to breakout the camping saw first thing this morning to dismantle a huge branch that fell right between our cars.  It totally covered our front yard and a couple of the small branches stuck about a foot into the ground.

Decided that I would feel better after a run.  It cooled off a lot here, but it was really humid.  DP was only 50 so I was really comfortable (just as DR said).  4 miles matched my post cortisone high, so I should get to 5 this weekend.

BTW, it's American Craft Beer Week (which we ARE observing)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I had kind of a crappy run this morning. My calves were acting up as they sometimes do, as well as my shins....and really needed the bathroom. I need a good stretch and foam roll session tonight and hopefully I will feel better.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Stone - I know they do! He is already a month old! I can't believe it's been a month already

Sap - Yes, I've gotten a little running in but nothing like I had planned. My mileage has gone from 18, 17 to 13 in the past 3 weeks. I'm really shooting for 23 - 25 this week, we will see...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Jack, poor you. I'm glad it's not me talking to a bunch of 6th graders on that subject.

Jimmy, yes I am doing Cotton Row, I have already signed up for both the 10k and the 5k.

I did 7.8 miles this morning, some of it with Bella, then managed 10 hill repeats. I need to find that formula for figuring the grade %, anyone know it?

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in 3.3 miles this morning.  I can really tell that I missed a week being sick.  Practice makes perfect, or at least decent.

Jack, hope that went well for you.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

HsM - I'm so glad that your knee is feeling better.  Here's hoping for the best.

Jerry - Every week is craft beer week.  Sheesh!

Kristin - Maybe you just need a little extra rest and a banana.  For some reason bananas help.  I think.

Mitch - I wish my dog could handle that kind of distance.  He's getting better, but now that it's getting warmer he's gone a bit backwards.  Well, I'll keep working with him and taking it slow.

Robert - A week off can make you feel a bit rusty, but it can also do wonders for you.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

sapf - While I'm sure that I could pull off the neon pink, I think I prefer Scotty's ribbon.  No offense...lol

Scotty - I love the wooden ribbon.  Now, I have to get a jigsaw and make hundreds of thousands of them.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Philliefan33

It's a late check in for me.

I don't think DH knows about Apple Pie day, but he made some of his "apple stuff" (basically apple crisp) tonight. The house smells wonderful.

We had what I like to call Oregon weather for my run today:  68degrees, sunny, no humidity, and breezy. I did the six-mile route around the lake at a local park, but had to walk the last half mile when my knee started acting up. I don't think it's serious, I think it's just a twinge from having to pull up quickly when a dog veered into my path.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

My legs are still being weird, so I'm just keeping my expectations low, icing post-run/post-workout and wearing calf sleeves a lot. Ran a mile today that actually felt good, but my calves are super sore now because I worked them after that (maybe neglecting calf/shin exercises has been contributing to my achy legs?).

Got in 4 miles yesterday afternoon in ~82F and some level of humidity, didn't feel horrible. I credit running on the treadmill all winter with making the transition to spring/summer pretty painless - the gym had ongoing trouble with their cooling system all winter, I definitely had a few runs around 74-76F inside when it was freezing and icy outside. Hopefully a few easy miles on the track tomorrow AM and yoga midday.

hog4life

Awood, Bella stopped at 5.5 today. I try to stop for a few minutes every 2-3 miles for her, the heat is the main reason. Today,  left the house around 8:30 which is already too warm, I need to take her really early, or as the sun is going down. I will continue to take her, but will just take precautions as needed, and I always take plenty of water with me.

Take you time with your pup, they can handle it, just have to build up slowly, just like we humans.

Zelanie

I would like some of that Oregon weather back.  Currently it's 84, high tomorrow is supposed to be 87.  Of course I just decided to switch to running tomorrow instead of today because I will have an hour to kill while DD is at tutoring, so that doesn't name sense to have that be a RD.

GinnyinPA

Margo - how did you get 68 degrees when it was 88 here?  Very nice for you though. It's supposed to cool off tomorrow, but not that much.

Philliefan33

Ginny, I think it was a back-door cold front that came through this afternoon, moving east to west.