Beginners and Beyond

Lettre ouverte au lys heureux... (Read 106 times)

Will run for scenery.

Salut Julie!

Je n'ai pas dit a personne, mais ce éte je vais en France pour <<courir>> dans le marathon du Mont Blanc.  Parce que je ne peut pas faire l'entraînement physique maintenant, je cherche de me preparer autrement. C'est pourqoui j'ai commencé a connâitre les vins de France et même améliorer mon pauvre français.

Vu que nous avons ce moyen tout privat a communiquer, je veut te dire que dès les premiers jours que j'ai trouvè ce site (eh bien, ce autre site!)  je suis tombe amoureux avec ton attitude positive, ton esprit fort, et - s'il faut que je le dis - tes abs.

C'est tout.  Si quelcun d'autre veut confirmer mes opinions, bienvenue!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nous parlons anglais ici!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

Am I going to lose my green card because of this? 

Quelle belle façon de commencer la journée, jjs22.:-) Merci beaucoup pour tes bons mots (que je ne mérite pas, en passant). Quelle belle aventure tu vas avoir en France! Je suis totalement jalouse... Il faut absolument que tu nous rapportes plusieurs photos du voyage et de la course. Promis? Les Alpes françaises sont magnifiques.

Si tu veux pratiquer ton français avec moi, je t'invite à m'écrire à travers la messagerie privée. Comme cela, nous n'embêterons pas nos copains anglophones.  Je serai heureuse de t'aider à pratiquer, tu es déja excellent d'ailleurs!

As for the wine, I'm afraid you will have to ask the help of some other people here. I hear LRB, Step and a few others, have very good knowledge of good wines. Myself, I'll drink any cheap "piquette" that is offered to me. 

Je te souhaite une belle journée! Et merci encore une fois pour les gentilles paroles. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I feel glad my French is still advanced enough to understand this whole conversation.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I feel glad my French is still advanced enough to understand this whole conversation.

I just french-kissed the whole thing off. 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

When my high school French is rusty, I turn to Babelfish.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

We were actually badmouthing all of you in French. 

(of course, we were not )

LRB

yo quiero taco bell.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm guessing jjs is planning to run a marathon in France and wants opinions and suggestions. But that's as far as my guessing based on words that are similar in English will get me.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

tinman11

Je ne sais pas....

happylily

Some very lucky guy here is going to run the Mont Blanc Marathon in Chamonix, France, next June. 

Here's a review from Marathonguide.com:

My hat's off to these trail runners! I was worried about the altitude change from 1000 meters in Chamonix to 2000 meters at the finish. It wasn't a factor as much as the terrain and all those hills. The scenery was absolutely spectacular and the feeling of accomplishment at the end very rewarding. If I had been able to get down and kiss the ground when I finished, I would have. However, I did prefer not kissing the ground before the end - that would have meant there was a possibility of not getting up. This race has a time limit - so it's always in the back of your mind to hustle. Only one drawback I could see this year was at the 25K mark, they ran out of water for us slow pokes - so it's a good idea to carry water if possible. Other than that, the organization was superb given the difficulty of the course. I'm really glad I did it. Will there be a repeat? I think not - I'm going back to terra firma road racing! Like I said at the beginning, my hat's off to these mountain trail runners.

B-Plus

Merde, merde, merde!!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

yo quiero taco bell.

yo quiero annoying taco bell dog... I wish they'd eat that little mutt!  Besides, chihuahuas are not REAL dogs anyway......they're 'meat on the hoof' in case you get trapped in the house for some reason...weather, or whatever... 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Will run for scenery.

Some very lucky guy here is going to run the Mont Blanc Marathon in Chamonix, France, next June. 

Well, mainly I was just telling lily what a wonderful person she is, along with a (hopefully) tactful comment about her abs.

But since she mentioned it , yeah I signed up for the Mt. Blanc Marathon.  I am super-psyched about going.  I would be even more thrilled about it if I were able to train. (Stupid feet ! Stupid elbow !)  Since the Body part is out of the picture, I've been focussing on Mind and Spirit(s) : cleaning up my rusty old French and drinking a buttload of awesome French wine.  However the race goes, I plan on doing some bad-ass recovery !

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Dad on the run.

J'aime google translate!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.