Beginners and Beyond

Dockets' Disneyland Half Marathon RR (Read 102 times)

Docket_Rocket

And it was not for lack of water. There was not way through the station as he first three tables were scrambling to serve water while the end tables had plenty but no one could get to it. very narrow area, I guess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Love the Half

Nice report and race, D.

Wait.  A 4 minute stoppage due to a herd at a dry water station?  How is that not an unforgivable organizational error at an expensive race?

But you get to see some minimum wage guy in a mouse costume and that makes it so worth it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Docket_Rocket

But that's where Disney Orlando differs. I have run Disney for four years and Disney is one of the most organized marathons I have run. So this one was a letdown because it was nothing like Orlando.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I think the price of the race might even be worth it just for learning that the buff is so effective against dust!

I imagine that you're not in that one photo because you're out ahead clearing people out of the way for him. Smile

Sounds like you both had a good time, despite the stops.  That sucks about the lines and the water tables, though.

hog4life

Congrats to both of you. Sounds like you both had fun even though there were delays and tummy Iissues.

Winning, or DFL, I would have to squat wherever necessary. That poop pic is disgusting!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats to you both!

Gee, sounds like 'California Disney" folks need to take a training trip to "Orlando Disney" and learn how to properly organize a race.    Was the Race Director for this one you did "Dopy"? 

Sorry about your DH's stomach issues.  For my "long runs" (which are not so long anymore, lol) and due to my 'weird intestinal system",  I take an immodium pre-race (with my doctor's permission, of course), and that helps a lot for me.   Of course, your DH IS a doctor, so I guess he'll figure out what works for him best.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Congrats to you both!

Gee, sounds like 'California Disney" folks need to take a training trip to "Orlando Disney" and learn how to properly organize a race.    Was the Race Director for this one you did "Dopy"? 

Sorry about your DH's stomach issues.  For my "long runs" (which are not so long anymore, lol) and due to my 'weird intestinal system",  I take an immodium pre-race (with my doctor's permission, of course), and that helps a lot for me.   Of course, your DH IS a doctor, so I guess he'll figure out what works for him best.

He is taking immodium next week to try it out on his next HM.  I'll keep you posted!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Nice job despite the conditions/situations, Dockets!

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

That's great. 6 in 6 months and he has shin issues!  Very impressive. Stomach issues are the worst and pretty much my top worry in every race (not many) I have ever done.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

He is taking immodium next week to try it out on his next HM.  I'll keep you posted!

Has he looked into FODMAPs?  That seems to be at least a piece of the puzzle for me.

Docket_Rocket

Has he looked into FODMAPs?  That seems to be at least a piece of the puzzle for me.

I'll show it to him, but diet?  Him?

I'm going to check this out for me too.  I don't always get this issue but sometimes it's like WTF!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I'll show it to him, but diet?  Him?

I'm going to check this out for me too.  I don't always get this issue but sometimes it's like WTF!

It looks like a lot of people who are miraculously cured by going gluten free might actually be getting better by accidentally eating low FODMAPs.  There are different categories.  As far as I can tell, if I am careful about polyols, fructose, and lactose, I can sort of tolerate the others.