Beginners and Beyond

What's with all the frozen yogurt places popping up all over the place? (Read 83 times)

Jess runs for bacon

The irony is that people go there thinking it's healthier than ice cream because they advertise it as 100 calories per ounce.  Then, people use 8 ounces of it and dump hot fudge and oreos and whatever else on top and I'll bet very few things exit those stores under 1,000 calories.  That's nearly as much as a "Gotta Have It" size Founder's Favorite at Cold Stone Creamery.

Dude, I don't go there because its healthier, I go because I can go all apeshit with the toppings. Nom nom nom.

LRB

Dude, I don't go there because its healthier, I go because I can go all apeshit with the toppings. Nom nom nom.

That was funny!

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You people have issues 

Hip Redux

LOL

tracilynn

Im in AL and they are popping up everywhere. They are popular with teens around Here. My daughter is 15 and all her friends go to "yogurt bars".   They get froyo and top it with .........GUMMY WORMS Dead yuck why!?!

~~~~~~~

Traci

onemile

They now have TCBY delivered to my office.  But only the sugar free varieties.  I call it chemical yogurt. Pretty nasty.

StepbyStep-SH

What's with the names? The newer ones I've seen here and when traveling in Nebraska all had fruit references:

CherryBerry

Red Mango

And some of the toppings just look nasty. What ARE those round fruit-flavored things that look like paintballs, anyway?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Same thing in NYC/Brooklyn. But it was more so in old neighborhood (which was a little more upper-class and trendier than my current one) which like a year and a half ago when I still lived there it got probably 5 within a mile in a few months of each other. The trend was slower to hit my current neighborhood but they have started creeping in, we have 2 fro-yo places now. My boyfriend lives in between Baltimore and DC and he recently got like 4 fro-yo places within a few miles of him. It is definitely a trend. Kind of like how cupcake only places were a few years ago.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to