Beginners and Beyond

ThursDaily Penguins...Calling in Sick? (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hopesmom, I love the shoes!

Lauren, sounds like you had a great workout.

Happy running everyone.  And happy Futbol watching!  I don't get to do either today.  I'm a little stressed (busy) and my legs are SO tired.  I've been on my feet most of the day for the last 3 weeks, and stupidly wearing Toms because they are cuter than running shoes.   Like the kids at camp care what I'm wearing!

Wait until the boys are young teenagers in puberty with raging hormones...THEN they'll notice what you're wearing....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Zel, did you have to change your GPS to metric?  

Congrats on the preapproval, Lauren.  Good luck house hunting.  Nice to know there's a place for visiting penguins. lol

I will walk this afternoon w/dw.  Knees are still sore.

We'll most likely have a spare bedroom if anyone wants to come spectate for Boston next year! Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

8 miles running, then biked 27. I'm going to bed for night shift. Working nights is stupid!

Unless you're a vampire or werewolf....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I got 'damarisized' by Cherie in her personals  ....but that's okay, at least I had her legs to look at....

Those are some very colorful shoes, HsM!

Welcome back, Dan!   You're probably gonna regret coming back with the heat Texas has been having lately.

Sorry about the tired legs, Brilliant.  What you need to do is get one of those royal carry chairs - like old-time queens had

- and then just become the Camp Queen and have the kids carry you everywhere from place to place.   Save the legs! 

Thanks for the note, PAD.   I think we can adjust that a little to get off to do some running too, right?  Send the first version of that to Damaris so she can get away from that case of hers for a while for a good stress-relief run. 

See, Damaris...I'm thinking about you! 

Remind me to not run in the evenings if I can avoid it.     Reminder #2 (after HsM being #1):  Hey Zel?  Don't run in the evenings if you can avoid it!  OK, next reminder person!      Yeah, Zelanie, I can't wear those type of ear-thingys cuz I sweat WAY too much when I exercise.  So I have one that 'hooks' over my hear. It has worked really well for me, stays in place good.

Good luck with the marathon training, Lurch!  And feel free to vent away, that's  a stress reliever too, and we're all friends here, helping each other out when we can.

With knees still sore, Jerry, maybe you should go to a pool instead for some no impact stuff.

Docket_Rocket

Yo, I'm out of court.  For now, Five Guys stores in Broward survived another day....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

We'll most likely have a spare bedroom if anyone wants to come spectate for Boston next year! Big grin

Actually, we will be in Boston October 2015 for Niece'  wedding.  Hope there's a race then...and FE.

3 mile walk neither helped or hurt the knees.  Now trying the Miller High Life treatment.  Lots of bikes out after the soccer game.

SheCan

I got 'damarisized' by Cherie in her personals  ....but that's okay, at least I had her legs to look at....

Ohhhhh, no--- I did damarisize you!  I'm so ashamed.

Forgive me, Scotty!!!!!!!!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Are those tears or is it pee?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Are those tears or is it pee?

Hahaha!  Well, hmmm, I guess I can be ashamed for more than one reason.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

You Rang?

Yo, I'm out of court.  For now, Five Guys stores in Broward survived another day....

Keep at it Docket!

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Keep at it Docket!

I got 80% of what I wanted at the hearings (all agreed, yay) so I call it a win.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Mel, must have missed it.. How long will you be in costa rica? Not  much miles this weeks as WC is still going on.. Tongue 4M whenever I can.

Lauren, congrats on getting the pre-approval.. house shopping shld be exciting.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

D- Nice job!

Bin- I am here for 8 weeks chaperoning high school exchange students