Beginners and Beyond

It's A Puzzling Penguin Thursday (Read 23 times)

GinnyinPA

Mitch.  That's a lot of racing this spring. You and I will both be doing a half on March 7.  You'll have some good elevation changes on your Tick Ridge race.  Smooth trails or rocky?  Good luck.

Traci - thank you.  When is Oak Barrel?  I understand what you are saying about needing to practice pacing.  My paces are all over the place when I'm running on the street.  It doesn't matter as much with shorter distances, but when it comes to marathons, I know I need to become a lot more consistent.

Brilliant, with all your marathon training, you should be able to PR.  Are you tapering for the half?

Jack - our local half is just the Chambersburg Half Marathon, but in Gettysburg they have the North - South Marathon and the Blue - Gray Half Marathon, while Waynesboro's half is called Mad Anthony (after General Wayne Anthony) and the one I did last year between two nearby towns was Flannery's Pub Run, which sounds like it ought to be in Ireland, not southern PA.

From the Internet.

Rough morning - thought I broke my car but it turned out to be snow caked on the inside of the wheels throwing them off balance - a trip through the car wash fixed it. Who would've thought!

I got in 5.5 pain-free miles with my screw shoes this afternoon so I'm happy again Big grin

tracilynn

Here's the course elevation for next weekend.

Oh that looks "fun". Good luck. ZOIKS!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Yay lauren! Great news

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

Lauren, when we drove the road up to Prudhoe Bay in Alaska, we got so much mud caked on the wheels it threw the alignment off and we thought there was something seriously wrong, especially when the Check Engine light went on 500 miles from the nearest service station.  A good wash and we were good to go.

hog4life

Oh that looks "fun". Good luck. ZOIKS!

Want to go?

tracilynn

Want to go?

I thought about doing the 10k but my ankle is grouchy.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

I thought about doing the 10k but my ankle is grouchy.

they have chili after the race!