Beginners and Beyond

TGIFridailies! (Read 61 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Worked from 7:30AM til 8:30PM last night, I am totally wiped. Missed my run on Wednesday though, so I have to run tonight. I'm hoping for 4-5 miles on the TM tonight, we'll see how much the knee/hip allows.

Chairman

14 miles tonight.  Looks like I might have a PB month this month if I run all my planned runs from here on out: happy about that!

Nice comeback from your IT band injury, Heidi

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Chairman

I ran 9 easy

It's so hard to dress for this weather (12 degrees, 9 mph wind). I'm either cold because I under dressed or cold because my sweat made my base layer damp. Today it was the latter at 6 miles.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

@runjerseygirl

I ran 9 easy

It's so hard to dress for this weather (12 degrees, 9 mph wind). I'm either cold because I under dressed or cold because my sweat made my base layer damp. Today it was the latter at 6 miles.

You're more brave than I am.  It's 15 here with a "feels like" temp of 7.  I have no interest in running outside.  I'll take 90 over this any day.

Do you even run?

delicate flower

Friday Friday Fri-day!  Friday Friday Fri-day!  Holy crap has it been a busy week of work.  I am glad it's coming to a merciful end.  11,500 W-2's are printed and going in the mail today.  It's always my biggest project of the year and I'm always happy to get through it.

60 minutes on the elliptical last night, then I hit the gym early this morning for 30 more minutes of the same.  Easy workout this morning...just enough to get the legs nice and warm for some painful stretching.  I am finally walking without a limp.

I got surgery instructions in the mail yesterday.  Surgery is scheduled for noon and I am not allowed to eat or drink past midnight the night before.  That's a long time to go without eats.  I told DW I am going to stay up until midnight stuffing my fat face in an attempt to hold me over for 15 hours.

Heading to Vermont this weekend.  Snowshoe walk tomorrow followed by shopping and eating.  HOORAY!

Enjoy your Friday, mon pedros!

<3

delicate flower

Good morning everyone! Worked from 7:30AM til 8:30PM last night, I am totally wiped. Missed my run on Wednesday though, so I have to run tonight. I'm hoping for 4-5 miles on the TM tonight, we'll see how much the knee/hip allows.

FYI, I mentioned in yesterday's dailies that I intend to run the Hogsback HM this year.  You asked about that one so I just wanted to let you know!  Cool

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run yesterday after work on the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Sunny, 77 degrees, low dewpoint and humidity, blue skies and sunshine.  My run ended at my favorite Riverwalk eatery, "Mad Dog Pub", where I enjoyed a post-run Alamo Brewery Golden Ale, watching the barges floating along on the Riverwalk,  and being surrounded by the lovely pub waitresses in their Scottish Highland kilts and knee-high socks.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Friday Friday Fri-day!  Friday Friday Fri-day!  Holy crap has it been a busy week of work.  I am glad it's coming to a merciful end.  11,500 W-2's are printed and going in the mail today.  It's always my biggest project of the year and I'm always happy to get through it.

60 minutes on the elliptical last night, then I hit the gym early this morning for 30 more minutes of the same.  Easy workout this morning...just enough to get the legs nice and warm for some painful stretching.  I am finally walking without a limp.

I got surgery instructions in the mail yesterday.  Surgery is scheduled for noon and I am not allowed to eat or drink past midnight the night before.  That's a long time to go without eats.  I told DW I am going to stay up until midnight stuffing my fat face in an attempt to hold me over for 15 hours.

Heading to Vermont this weekend.  Snowshoe walk tomorrow followed by shopping and eating.  HOORAY!

Enjoy your Friday, mon pedros!

Or you could sleep some extra hours. That's what I did! Good luck, hope everything goes well.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I stopped at DD on the way to work to get a coffee since I have a gift card from Christmas. The line was long, but I was patient, so I waited. When I was 2nd or 3rd in line I saw a sign: "Sorry, we cannot accept gift cards at this time. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Ugh! I was already committed, so I had to debit $1.70. I always feel like an ass when I do that (but for some reason I have no problem burning $1.70 on a gift card).

Rest day for me today, but I'll probably head to the gym at lunch to do something. Maybe cardio, maybe myrtl/core - it's up in the air right now.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, lilac, that is a long shift. Get some rest and hope you get your miles in.

Congrats on your PB for the month Heidi!

Way to go on your run, Scrape.  Yeah, I remember that  trying to layer correctly for the weather.  Don't miss that at all!

Kay, you need to move to San Antonio, you will get your 90, believe me!

Baboon, good luck with the upcoming surgery.  As for the instructions...eat healthy..cuz if your BP spikes and is too high, they won't do the surgery.  Then you'll have to wait some more and do the fasting thing all over again.

Gee, April, you'd think they'd put that sign on the entrance door, save some people some time from standing in line.  Enjoy your rest day.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, dailies. Allegedly, we have freezing rain, but all I see is rain. Naturally, they closed the schools so all the younguns will be out and about today.

Looking for a short easy 3 miles or so today, in preparation for something longer tomorrow. Otherwise, just a quiet day. I'm a bit tired after staying up too late last night.

Shot pool pretty well last night. I was down 2 games to 0, then won the next 4 games to win the match. Woo Hoo!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

With Friday being an off day from running for the time being, I had no idea what I was going to do this morning, I just knew I wanted to do something different. So I ended up taking my blue resistance band to work and hopped on the treadmill, which turned out to be a great way to mix things up!

I did various side hops and shuffles for an eleven minute workout and with that blue band, was able to feel the burn immediately.  I also added a variation to monster walks by setting the incline at 15.  Yeah, I could feel that!

So I am going to put this workout into my regular rotation, and extend the time that I do it.  Coupled with the myrtle routine, this will make a great addition to my adductor/abductor arsenal as I definitely feel a different stimulus. 

Hey Miss Rhino, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang! 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Basya. Enjoy the URD.

I am completely indifferent at the moment. Lol, LRB. Me too, at times.  Must be that aneurism in my head. Oh, well, it could be worse.   Nice workout for you this morning.

flarunner, what the heck are arm panties? I'm assuming reflective bands.  And when you get older, what will you wear?  Well,  depends on a lot of things...  Wink Congrats on your 5.

Enjoy that run tomorrow, Jedi, sounds like it will be interesting.  Looking forward to your report on that.

Are you doing the full marathon, Damaris?  Good luck!  Wow, expensive parking.  You can't have a friend take you there, drop you off, and drive around the block a few times while you're getting your packet?  Oh wait, that's right, you're an attorney, you probably don't have local friends... Wink   Just kidding, just kidding!

LOL, INS, that dog looks EXACTLY like me in the mornings, I am SO not a morning person!  Good luck with your 20 tomorrow!

Enjoy (if possible) your MIL dinner, Pinktastic.

Step, sorry to hear your little one is sick.  Wishing him a speedy recovery!  Hope you can get a workout in.

This has only been a 4-day workweek for me, but somehow it has seemed like a very long week.

Tom, they're going to start thinking you're a pool hustler, lol.

runmomto3boys

Basya: Enjoy the rest day!

Kay: Good morning!  I hope the TM attempt goes well!!

Flarunner: Fantastic job getting in your 5.  Arm panties?  *Giggle*

Scott: Definitely take it easy on those 5.  I hope the 20 miler tomorrow goes well!  I can't wait to hear!

Jedi: Very nice tempo yesterday!  Enjoy the easy miles today.  I'm interested to hear what the group run is all about too.  Sounds fun!

Sarah: Happy rest day!

Shari: I hope the little one feels better soon.

Lilac: I hope the 4-5 go well today.  That was one long day yesterday - shew!

Scrape: Thanks!  I appreciate it!  Well done on the 9.  It is difficult to dress for the weather this time of year, I agree.  I have the same issue w/layers and wanting to shed 'em or add 'em mid-run.

Phil: Uggghhhh.  You really messed up that knee something fierce.  I hope that you recovery quickly and fully from this all. Enjoy that trip to Vermont - that sounds lovely!

Scotty: Good morning!

Decided to get my butt out of bed this morning.....

10.2 total. Progression run with 2 w/u at 8:30 pace, miles at 7:48, 7:36, 7:19, 7:04, 6:49, 6:36, 6:22, and then finished with a little over a mile easy.