Beginners and Beyond

Gulf Beach HM - short(ish) recap (Read 92 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Phil.......dude.......SICK!!  That is friggin amazing!  I also agree with Rick that your splits probably only look bad to you.  Especially knowing the wind situation, your splits are probably damn near even!  (Really well done)

As for side aches/stitches, I'm really beginning to hate them myself.  I don't know if it's because we're all drinking more water with the warmer weather or what but they seem to be on the rise.  I had one a few days ago that I swear stayed with me overnight. Angry

Anyway, found an old pic of you and your doctor.........Dr. Rudy Wells, right?.......

Randy

StepbyStep-SH

Love the medal and shirt, too!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I think I can say my knee has healed.

Ya think?

Great race! Awesome time. Bet it felt good to really test yourself over that distance. The only thing that would've made it better would be if you raced in a puffy shirt.

Now I will go check out your report at the other place, to see if you had the same finish time there.

Dave

Congrats Phil, that is a monster PR.

And as well as it went, you felt that you can do even better;  that's a good feeling to have.   Great job, the medal and shirt are excellent.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Wow, Baboon, you just kick ass! A nine minute PR!? I want to say thanks for being a good role model for me. Wink  Man, you killed it! So what if your splits were all over the place? That PR speaks for itself. Well done, my friend.

B-Plus

Damn, that's a huge PR. I heard Elon Musk is building a bionic arm. Did he outfit you with a leg?

runwell3

What a great job, Phil, congratulations!  I was one of those trailers who got to see you pass.  My impression as you went by ( you were in mi.7 & i was in mi.5 ) was that you looked very powerfully smooth, super focused, and slightly etched in pain around the edges.  Tried to catch up with you at the finish, but you were probably half way home by then.  1:35 is yours and beyond!  Good luck in Hartford.

hog4life

Phil, congrats on the PR!

Will run for scenery.

Not (too) bad for a gimp.

If you just focus and apply yourself, young man, I'm sure you will improve (some).

Big grin

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

I'd run that race for the medal and shirt. Very cool!  Congrats on such a strong performance.  Would like to see what you could do if all the stars align just right.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Hip Redux

Dancing banana for you, sir!!  Pirate style.

Zelanie

Amazing.  You have made such incredible progress in the past year.  And with knee surgery besides.  Awesome race!

delicate flower

What a great job, Phil, congratulations!  I was one of those trailers who got to see you pass.  My impression as you went by ( you were in mi.7 & i was in mi.5 ) was that you looked very powerfully smooth, super focused, and slightly etched in pain around the edges.  Tried to catch up with you at the finish, but you were probably half way home by then.  1:35 is yours and beyond!  Good luck in Hartford.

Dang, I didn't know you'd be there.  I definitely would have looked for you.  I was standing around chatting with a couple of guys for about 15 minutes before heading out.  I wanted to skip town before the place got too messy.  Lots of cars in a tight place!   Loved your analysis of me.  I must have had a poker face going because I was hurting a fair bit.  Big grin

Zelanie, I like your suggestion of sending a pic to my surgeon (my therapist, too).  Hopefully Capstone got some good ones.

Thanks again for all the comments.  I feel pretty darn good tonight.  Cool

BTW...any thoughts on a possible May marathon time to think about?  I know it's pretty far off but it's not too early to plan!  I suppose I'll figure that out as I train?

<3

Docket_Rocket

Awesome performance, Phil!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BTW...any thoughts on a possible May marathon time to think about?

3:14:59.  Big grin