Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Coming Soon Near You (Read 43 times)

Thanks for everyone's good wishes & support.

I know with my knee at one point I felt like I was back to the beginning and had made no progress, but that turned out to be only a very short setback.  I am hoping you'll go in for a second opinion.

This is actually my second setback, so I think I need an extended rest. I am tempted to go for a second opinion, since my first one was the old 5-min PCP visit & direct PT referral. I guess the thing to do next time is to ask to be referred to a sports medicine doc, who could theoretically do a better diagnosis. However in the end I imagine I would be put through another PT regimen, which I am just not ready to do again. (I have now already completely depleted my flexible spending plan for the year. Angry)

Dave

B-Plus

Sorry about the injury, Dave. Stay or don't stay - just do whatever is easiest for you. I tend to stay away from running forums when I'm on the shelf because I don't need the reminder that I can't run, but I really appreciated all the coffee LRB served us when he was injured.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.7 miles in a nice steady rain.  The planned 5+ was cut short by lightning.  No can do in the lightning!

Running for TJ because he can't.

B-Plus

14 miles w/ middle 8 @ 6:49. Despite the cooler temps, it was a bit tougher today.

LRB

I tend to stay away from running forums when I'm on the shelf because I don't need the reminder that I can't run, but I really appreciated all the coffee LRB served us when he was injured.

And there was a shit load of it too!

Zelanie

Dave, I hear ya, but I also think that with a good PT, setbacks can provide information.  I was able to get in to a Physician's Assistant who worked in a sports medicine office, and went to the PT they recommended.  And every setback seemed to help my PT zero in on what the real issue was so that it wasn't more of the same- he changed it up based on how things were going.

But I put too much money in my flex account for the year, so there's that.

outoftheblue

6 miles for me, doing a kind of progression run where I warmed up, ran 3 at GMP, 1 at GMP-20 secs and 1 more at GMP-40 secs, followed up by a cool-down.  Of course GMP is just a number I'm pretty much pulling out of thin air these days , along with a healthy does of optimism.

Dave, it sucks being injured.  Sending you healing vibes and I hope you get the right referrals.  Navigating the health care system is definitely a challenge.

Life is good.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10 recovery miles and yoga. So much easier to yoga after not a hard run!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hi dailies:

3.9 recovery jog.  One month left before Erie, how did that happen?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Scotty I forgot to answer your question damn it, we are a small family business called Chaos, manufacturing accessories (toys) for shotguns like the Saiga 12 mainly but we're getting not a few rifles now.

Here's a our website: www.chaosus.com

I am the office manager, customer service, shipping & receiving manager, blah blah. I used to work out on the shop floor running parts in the machines, was doing that up to I believe 2 weeks before Dorian was born, now that Dorian is with me in the office I can't go out on the floor and office life is really boring sometimes.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Scotty I forgot to answer your question damn it, we are a small family business called Chaos, manufacturing accessories (toys) for shotguns like the Saiga 12 mainly but we're getting not a few rifles now.

Here's a our website: www.chaosus.com

I am the office manager, customer service, shipping & receiving manager, blah blah. I used to work out on the shop floor running parts in the machines, was doing that up to I believe 2 weeks before Dorian was born, now that Dorian is with me in the office I can't go out on the floor and office life is really boring sometimes.

Wow, that is cool! I'm not huge in to firearms, but I like to do some shooting. It's as if you said you worked at Saucony.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol! Big grin

I like shooting, I carry a Ruger 40c and I have a russian SKS rifle, an old one that I think almost saw battle (or so the dealer told us). I don't quite see the logic in buying such expensive things for shooting a gun, that is meant to kill BUT I will most surely not argue with a customer............. Wink

Wow, that is cool! I'm not huge in to firearms, but I like to do some shooting. It's as if you said you worked at Saucony.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Lol! Big grin

I like shooting, I carry a Ruger 40c and I have a russian SKS rifle, an old one that I think almost saw battle (or so the dealer told us). I don't quite see the logic in buying such expensive things for shooting a gun, that is meant to kill BUT I will most surely not argue with a customer............. Wink

I have a Norinco SKS, which I'm sure never saw any sort of battle. Smile A .40 is a nice medium caliber for plinking or home defense. I'm curious how ammo prices/availability has been for the 40? I only buy for 45 because that's all I shoot. (Un)fortunately I haven't shot much this year because of a new baby, but I hear the groans from friends who purchase ammo.

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sadly I haven't been out shooting in months Sad, I have like 6 boxes....... I think 50 rounds each and maybe 2 or 3 20 round boxes of the really good shit. I don't really look at the pricing, I think of quality for the good shit and then I just go for the plinkers that are 2nd-3rd to the cheapest.  I'm thinking about getting a smaller cal for when running, but I think my pepper spray and knife will do fine if I can't run away from someone Big grin... mostly I just love buying weapons like knives...... I love knives, DH has put a  stop to it though Cry

I have a Norinco SKS, which I'm sure never saw any sort of battle. Smile A .40 is a nice medium caliber for plinking or home defense. I'm curious how ammo prices/availability has been for the 40? I only buy for 45 because that's all I shoot. (Un)fortunately I haven't shot much this year because of a new baby, but I hear the groans from friends who purchase ammo.

PRs