Beginners and Beyond

Hogsback HM RR (Read 71 times)

outoftheblue

Great job.  You are going to kill it 2 weeks from now.

Life is good.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ya, definitely excited to see what you do in a couple weeks.  Again, you definitely picked up some speed!  Amazing things those new fangled bionic knees.....Big grin

Congrats!

Randy

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Baboon, I am impressed by your discipline. Man, that takes guts and courage to NOT go out and attack that course (even though that last hill looks like a monster). You have a bigger goal in mind and I think it is great you did not go all out on this. The fact that you had plenty of gas left in the tank tells me you will kick ass in two weeks. Very well played, sir.

Zelanie

Damn, that is a monster hill at the end of the course!  Congrats on a very solid race, and good luck in two weeks!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good job! That hill at the end must have been a beast - you needed to kick that knee into hyperdriveBig grin!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Great job Phil! I enjoyed reading your RR.

- Andrew

Will run for scenery.

Ouch! A downhill start and uphill finish is as cruel as it gets.

I'm sure it's a little irritating to come that close to your PR, but I'm sure the PR will be toast in a couple of weeks.

Great run, as always.  Looking forward to Hartford!

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

meaghansketch

That's a very solid race, especially given the fact that you weren't planning on going for a PR!  Can't wait to see what you do in Hartford.  I don't know the course, but if it's flat and the weather is good I expect a big PR!  Congrats to MBC on her first!  Those medals are super cute!

Great job Phil!

That PR seems ripe for the breaking on a less hilly course.

delicate flower

Baboon, I am impressed by your discipline. Man, that takes guts and courage to NOT go out and attack that course (even though that last hill looks like a monster). You have a bigger goal in mind and I think it is great you did not go all out on this. The fact that you had plenty of gas left in the tank tells me you will kick ass in two weeks. Very well played, sir.

Honestly, I did not like seeing so many people fly past me during the early downhill miles.  It's like I was standing still in the middle of the road, getting passed on both sides.  The competitor in me really, really wanted to give chase.  Had I been racing from the start, I would have.

Thank again for all of the comments and feedback!  Smile

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats, great race for you!  Congrats to the DW too!   Very nice and unique medal there too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt