Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies are not closed on Black Friday (Read 46 times)

happylily

9.0 mostly on the belt, a little on the indoor track.  I melted down a TM -- it suddenly powered off with no warning and wouldn't restart.  When I told the staff guy on duty, he was like "oh yeah, they do that once in a while if you run fast or long."  Not especially safe while trying to finish my run with a couple minutes at 5K pace.

It "might" snow here today too.  hahahhalololol.

My nightmare...  Glad to hear you are still in one piece, Jay!

We are having more snow as well, but nothing dramatic. It's actually quite beautiful.

I finished work at 6pm (started at 7:30am). I ate supper immediately, took a nap until 8pm (I'm pitiful...) and then I ran 11 slow miles. Six more months of darkness. I'm about to go crazy once again...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

You Rang?

Morning!  We work today but I took today off as vacation.  Pilates in a few minutes, 6 miles tonight.

When I ran my own shop my holiday schedule was simple:  If the courts are open, we're open.  The only exception is Veterans Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving.  We were open on Veterans Day (unless you were a veteran) and closed the day after Thanksgiving.

Ten miles of fun at dusk on a tourist infested Huntington Beach.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

When I ran my own shop my holiday schedule was simple:  If the courts are open, we're open.  The only exception is Veterans Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving.  We were open on Veterans Day (unless you were a veteran) and closed the day after Thanksgiving.

Ten miles of fun at dusk on a tourist infested Huntington Beach.

Unfortunately, we open even if the courts are closed.  Like the 24th and the 31st.  They close, we work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Unfortunately, we open even if the courts are closed.  Like the 24th and the 31st.  They close, we work.

Your tax dollars hard at work people!

Zelanie

Hey guys!  It was great to meet Jack.  We will have to run a race someday, but for today breakfast was perfect!  Glad the kids enjoyed the cake!

happylily

Hey guys!  It was great to meet Jack.  We will have to run a race someday, but for today breakfast was perfect!  Glad the kids enjoyed the cake!

It's a great picture of two of my favorite forumites.  I'm glad you guys got to meet!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

It's a great picture of two of my favorite forumites.  I'm glad you guys got to meet!

+1

Dave

+2

Cyberic

That is a great pic!

Docket_Rocket

Great pic!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page