Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Remember that running jacket I gave you last week? Um yeah, I'm gonna need that back (Read 57 times)

happylily

Guten Tag!

I ran very little last week, maybe 42 miles... Nothing fast and nothing slow, all under 8:00 pace, nothing faster than 7:30. I stayed at my sister's for a few days. She's doing ok physically, but emotionally, she's completely disconnected. It's hard to explain. I'm worried about her, because she has a history of hurting herself. It's like she's given up and has become unable to make decisions. My mom is with her now. During the Easter holiday, she will come live here for a few days. She still has to meet with an endocrinologist. Damn slow system... No paper crap to fill out, though.

Anyway, I ran 10 miles at 7:47 mpm on Monday. I did not run last night. Don't know if I will run tonight. I feel demotivated. And it snowed yesterday and I'm freezing in my own house today. Urgh... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

Excited to put on my racers tonight for the first time since my last race in October for a bit of a speed workout.

LRB

Excited to put on my racers tonight for the first time since my last race in October for a bit of a speed workout.

Excellent!

lil, you have enough mileage in the bank to last until your marathon!  And this unplanned break is probably just what you need.

D - Your 5k is going to be crazy fast.  We know it.  No need to be humble.

^ This.

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

Lily - Sending thoughts and prayers for your sister, and for you!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

I am home and wore the hell out.  I feel like I got beat with a broomstick like they used to do rugs back n the day!

happylily

Thank you, (((Shari))).

I ran! 13,1 miles @ 7:38 pace. I can't seem to do intervals right anymore, I have no energy, but hopefully the mid-long runs will help me in the end. Now off to make supper, eat and couch.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Easy 7.6 on a windy and cool day.  Left the house without gloves on and had to loop back to grab some, my hands were freezing!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Thank you, (((Shari))).

I ran! 13,1 miles @ 7:38 pace. I can't seem to do intervals right anymore, I have no energy, but hopefully the mid-long runs will help me in the end. Now off to make supper, eat and couch.

With all the stress you're going through, it's understandable.  Just do the best you can!  And hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Easy 7.6 on a windy and cool day.  Left the house without gloves on and had to loop back to grab some, my hands were freezing!

I thought you were running in "beautiful weather" out there, what gives?

Mmmmm...beer

I thought you were running in "beautiful weather" out there, what gives?

It was beautiful, then it decided to get cool and windy today.  Should start warming up by the weekend, looking at around 50* for my 5k, and then back in the 70s by Monday. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

It was beautiful, then it decided to get cool and windy today. 

hmm, well I could have substituted gloves for jacket in today's thread title and it would been perfect for you!

outoftheblue

I looked at my schedule for the rest of the week and realized that with out-of-town guest coming in, it was now or never for my long run.  So I bagged the RD and drove over the park and did 15.1 hilly miles this afternoon.  77 degree and bright sunshine.  Beautiful, but warm.  It was my first real water guzzling run of the year.

Enjoy the chillier weather peeps.

Life is good.