Beginners and Beyond

Today I learned... (Read 118 times)

RIGHT?

This is the RIGHT way to eat a hot dog, all toasty buttery goodness enveloping the hot dog:

THIS IS WRONG:

This is a New England hot dog roll, if you aren't familiar:

that looks good, except I prefer ketchup to mustard.  Except I stopped eating meat, and I hear tofu dogs are pretty bad.  Maybe a clam roll will satisfy the craving...

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

hmmm...

Isn't clam meat?

At least in my point of view if it is flesh from an animal life form then it is 'meat'.

Of course if you want to be specific about meat being muscle - I am not so sure hotdogs follow that definition either. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

After seeing a video on how hot dogs are made I will rarely touch one, let alone eat it. Or at least hot dogs these last few decades, not sure about the first hot dogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzUm7UEEIY

hmmm...

Isn't clam meat?

At least in my point of view if it is flesh from an animal life form then it is 'meat'.

Of course if you want to be specific about meat being muscle - I am not so sure hotdogs follow that definition either. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

The correct way in Texas to eat a hot dog is quite simple...put it in with the chili. Who needs bread?  

But it's easier to carry with bread or some sort of pocket. Wink

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

hmmm...

Isn't clam meat?

Eh, I'm still a trainee vegetarian.  I stopped eating things with legs this spring.  Clams are very high in iron (5 whole clams have a full day's RDA, according to the internet). As I have a history of iron deficiency anemia, I've temporarily substituted once a week clams for all of the legged meat I used to eat, until I figure out how to get enough iron without them.  I also eat salmon in restaurants occasionally, when other non-leg choices are limited.

I agree that calling hot dogs meat is a bit of a stretch, but they are, without a doubt, an animal based food product.

B-Plus

#artbydmcbride

scottydawg is correct, gluten-free!

Runners run