Beginners and Beyond

Get Up Off That Thing, TUESDAILIES! (Read 259 times)

Chairman

8 easy

Slightly sore because I did my strides a bit too fast on Sunday

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

Thanks for asking...it feels better today, I'm happy to say.  Less pain, noticably less swelling, less limping.  It definitely feels like something is wrong in there though.  Enjoy your 4 miles today, Tom!

I'm happy there's some improvement, Phil, but the fact that you can tell something is off sucks.  I'm sorry.

YAYpril - B-Plus

LRB, true. I also really admire people who have the mental fortitude to go more than a couple miles on the 'mill. The most I've ever done is 6 (once). I definitely agree with you - running outside is way more fun!

Oh, Flippy, wherever you are, I'm happy to tell you that my glutes are sore today. Big grin

Chairman

Still no running for me. Sad

Pilates class during lunch.

Any improvement?

happylily

15 years ago to the day, we were struggling through a huge ice storm in this part of the country. Most of Quebec was without electricity for close to a month. The army was called in to help with the crisis.  I lived downtown Montreal, near 3 major hospitals, so that grid never lost power and we were spared the horror of having to wash in cold water (I hate cold water). On Jan. 8th 1998, I gave birth to the most beautiful little baby boy ever born in this province. A transformer blew loudly beside our house just as I was telling my husband that it was time to go to the hospital. And the power went off for 10 minutes while I was working (in a windowless room) to help this baby make his entrance in the world. He was born in style! :-) Tonight, we celebrate my young man's 15th birthday.

Got up at 5am to run 9 miles on the TM, including 3x1600m @ 8.7mph. After four waffles with maple syrup I am still starving. Is it lunch time yet?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

15 years ago to the day, we were struggling through a huge ice storm in this part of the country. Most of Quebec was without electricity for close to a month. The army was called in to help with the crisis.  I lived downtown Montreal, near 3 major hospitals, so that grid never lost power and we were spared the horror of having to wash in cold water (I hate cold water!). On Jan. 8th 1998, I gave birth to the most beautiful little baby boy ever born in this province! A transformer blew loudly beside our house just as I was telling my husband that it was time to go to the hospital. And the power went off for 10 minutes while I was working (in a windowless room) to help this baby make his entrance in the world. He was born in style! :-) Tonight, we celebrate my young man's 15th birthday!

Got up at 5am to run 9 miles on the TM, including 3x1600m @ 8.7mph. After four waffles with maple syrup I am still starving. Is it lunch time yet?

Happy Birthday to the young one, Lily!

Being in the power industry, I take great interest in events that occur during a power outage! Awesome!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

15 years ago to the day, we were struggling through a huge ice storm in this part of the country. Most of Quebec was without electricity for close to a month. The army was called in to help with the crisis.  I lived downtown Montreal, near 3 major hospitals, so that grid never lost power and we were spared the horror of having to wash in cold water (I hate cold water!). On Jan. 8th 1998, I gave birth to the most beautiful little baby boy ever born in this province! A transformer blew loudly beside our house just as I was telling my husband that it was time to go to the hospital. And the power went off for 10 minutes while I was working (in a windowless room) to help this baby make his entrance in the world. He was born in style! :-) Tonight, we celebrate my young man's 15th birthday!

OMG I had forgotten!! The Great Ice Storm of 1998!!! The 20 ft birch trees trees in our backyard were bent to the

ground cover with ice, we had to cut a lot of them down that summer.  We were without power for 3 days but

thankfully had a wood stove that kept us warm and  that we could cook on and warm up water for washing. We

still live in the same house with many of the same neighbours. We all pulled together  to help each other with

water, food, warmth, childcare for those who had to return to work but for whom school and childcare facilities

were closed.

And to think during that you were having a baby!!! Happy Birthday to your young man!

happylily

Happy Birthday to the young one, Lily!

Being in the power industry, I take great interest in events that occur during a power outage! Awesome!

Thanks, Tom! :-)

It was certainly our biggest natural catastrophy, I do believe. So many cities were paralized for so long... It gave us a feel of what it must be like to be under attack, without services and ressources. Scary stuff... But luckily,  I was home nursing my little one, while people were living in community centres and gyms with generators and sleeping on cots on the floor...

happylily

OMG I had forgotten!! The Great Ice Storm of 1998!!! The 20 ft birch trees trees in our backyard were bent to the

ground cover with ice, we had to cut a lot of them down that summer.  We were without power for 3 days but

thankfully had a wood stove that kept us warm and  that we could cook on and warm up water for washing. We

still live in the same house with many of the same neighbours. We all pulled together  to help each other with

water, food, warmth, childcare for those who had to return to work but for whom school and childcare facilities

were closed.

And to think during that you were having a baby!!! Happy Birthday to your young man!

Thank God it didn't last too long for you, Beth, and that you were well equipped to face the crisis. It did bring out a sense of community here as well and everyone was helping everyone. That was one positive side of it!

delicate flower

I'm happy there's some improvement, Phil, but the fact that you can tell something is off sucks.  I'm sorry.

Thanks.  It does suck, but the last time I injured my knee I could not put weight on it for weeks.  At least now I can walk and do stairs, though I do both slowly and with a limp.  I see both things as a good sign (stairs and walking, not the limp).

<3

@runjerseygirl

Scotty, I did something to my foot Sunday before last.  Not sure what.  Went to the ortho, we're thinking I tweaked a tendon or something.  Following up with him on 1/22.

LRB, Pilates is no joke.  I'm always sore the next day.  Plus, the instructor here at our gym is brutal.  Sometimes I sweat more during Pilates than I do during spin or a run.  I haven't been in a while, so I'm in for a killer workout today.

scrape., I did a slow mile on Sunday and it felt good.  Tried again yesterday and it started bothering me around a half mile, so I hopped on the spin bike.  I'm thinking now that I didn't tape it right.  Maybe I'll try again Thursday or Friday.  It's sore again today.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, lily's DS!

So far, my allergy shot has gone well.  Since the worst reaction happens between 3-5 hours and it's only been 1.5, I'm going to be guarded until then. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Popping in to say hi. I had a very good run today. Probably my best since injury. 5.2 miles with my fastest mile being an 8:34. Building up my base. Smile I start swimming tonight. Oh boy!!

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Nevrgivup

Thanks.  It does suck, but the last time I injured my knee I could not put weight on it for weeks.  At least now I can walk and do stairs, though I do both slowly and with a limp.  I see both things as a good sign (stairs and walking, not the limp).

Thinking of you Phil. Sad Lots of healing vibes.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Chairman

scrape., I did a slow mile on Sunday and it felt good.  Tried again yesterday and it started bothering me around a half mile, so I hopped on the spin bike.  I'm thinking now that I didn't tape it right.  Maybe I'll try again Thursday or Friday.  It's sore again today.

Sounds promising.