Beginners and Beyond

The Official RA BF&B Facebook Thread (Read 2463 times)

Docket_Rocket

Removing a picture from here won't remove it from the internet.  The cache pages would still have it.  To me, if you really don't want your picture out there, never post it.  Once posted, they are never gone.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nevrgivup

Why do you always have to bite back? We really are not that naive. Hard lesson learned and a wake-up call that people will be assholes.

Removing a picture from here won't remove it from the internet.  The cache pages would still have it.  To me, if you really don't want your picture out there, never post it.  Once posted, they are never gone.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Meat Wagon

Puker

No, I understand. Just for ease of access, I still think it was a wise move. At least make the effers put in a little work, right?

Of course, all of Eddie's pictures are safe and sound on my hard drive. Blush

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Hip Redux

The person took their photos down for good reason. Some demented coward decided to get creative with a photo from here (or FB, I don't actually know where the source photo came from) and photoshop it to make a truly vicious, offensive personal attack via a troll account. I think that only a few people saw it before it was censored, but still, there was good justification for this person to remove their photos.

Well, that's kinda shitty.  Even though I hate photos of myself out there, I do enjoy everyone else's photos!  (well... ok... not everyone's).

Docket_Rocket

Sure, because I was talking about you.

Why do you always have to bite back? We really are not that naive. Hard lesson learned and a wake-up call that people will be assholes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

No, I understand. Just for ease of access, I still think it was a wise move. At least make the effers put in a little work, right?

Of course, all of Eddie's pictures are safe and sound on my hard drive. Blush

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I know how the Internet works, thanks. But I didn't appreciate a very crass and classless personal attack via photoshop. Though I know that certain types of personal attacks are apparently permissible in this forum, which is why I don't post here anymore. Let it be a lesson to the other naive folks out there. You think you can post normal, non-sexy, non-revealing photos in a group of seemingly nice runners, well, you're wrong. Don't get on the bad side of the insider clique of the B&B or you may be next!

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

LRB

Now there's hatin' in the Facebook thread? Wow, just wow.

Now there's hatin' in the Facebook thread? Wow, just wow.

I feel like bill murray is talking to me. "Mass hysteria cats and dogs living together."

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Are you accusing me of photoshopping your picture?  Because that's how it sounded.

I was answering MeatWagon, not talking specifically about you.  And stop reminding everyone that you don't post here anymore with your 20th post on the B&B for the last two weeks.  If you were attacked with a photoshopped picture, that's bad and impermissible.  You were not attacked by one here so what is your point?

My point to MW is that you can remove it now, months later.  That does not mean the person that photoshopped your picture does not have access to it via the internet.

I know how the Internet works, thanks. But I didn't appreciate a very crass and classless personal attack via photoshop. Though I know that certain types of personal attacks are apparently permissible in this forum, which is why I don't post here anymore. Let it be a lesson to the other naive folks out there. You think you can post normal, non-sexy, non-revealing photos in a group of seemingly nice runners, well, you're wrong. Don't get on the bad side of the insider clique of the B&B or you may be next!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Are you accusing me of photoshopping your picture?  Because that's how it sounded.

I was answering MeatWagon, not talking specifically about you.  And stop reminding everyone that you don't post here anymore with your 20th post on the B&B for the last two weeks.  If you were attacked with a photoshopped picture, that's bad and impermissible.  You were not attacked by one here so what is your point?

My point to MW is that you can remove it now, months later.  That does not mean the person that photoshopped your picture does not have access to it via the internet.

I wasn't accusing you of anything, why? Do you have a guilty conscience? I wasn't attacked HERE but I have my suspicions of where the puppet who did it originated from.

LRB

If you were attacked with a photoshopped picture, that's bad and impermissible.  You were not attacked by one here so what is your point?

+1

How the fuck did we even get here?!

I know how the Internet works, thanks. 

Not trying to start trouble here, but I had no idea that Pictures and stuff could be found once deleted from the page.

I also have no clue how the Internet works.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

+1

How the fuck did we even get here?!

Ask the person who thinks it's funny to put my head on Hitler and draw a Hitler mustache on my face. I am fairly certain I have about 2-3 prime suspects who are classless enough to do that. I know you all hate L&O but I've never even seen something THAT low even among some of the craziness there. Completely classless, mean, degrading, and cowardly, since it was a puppet/troll account.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

And apparently some people feel the need to needle me for taking down my photos and make passive aggressive remarks about it before posting their own photos. Seriously, what's the need for comments like that? How would you feel if someone did to you what was done to me? You'd take your photos down. Blah blah blah Internet caching blah blah shut up.