Beginners and Beyond

Charleston Marathon/Half Marathon- Active.com Refund?? (Read 206 times)

Anomalous

I registered for the Charleston Half Marathon in November and received email confirmation of my transaction that took place via Active.com. Well, I just noticed  that my checking account was refunded the registration fee on 12/13. I haven't received any notification from Active nor have I been contacted my race organizers regarding any issues with this event. Nothing has been posted on their Facebook page or website either. This is a non-refundable, but transferrable event.

I'm not exactly sure what has taken place. Has this ever happened to you? I'm sure I'll have to contact someone over the race to get this worked out. Especially considering that the fee has gone up $10 since then and the deadline for online registration ends on January 1st.

If you are registered for this event, please check to see if you've experienced the same and let me know. Thanks!

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Little Blue

I'm registered, but I'm not understanding your question?

EDIT:  I just did a search, and I'm not listed.  I do have a confirmation email from active.com, so I'll be taking that with me to packet pickup.  My SIL is also registered, and her name shows up.

Anomalous

I'm registered, but I'm not understanding your question?

EDIT:  I just did a search, and I'm not listed.  I do have a confirmation email from active.com, so I'll be taking that with me to packet pickup.  My SIL is also registered, and her name shows up.

I had to modify my post to clarify. Wink

Yeah, the fee I paid was returned to me for some odd reason. So if you paid by debit/check card or credit card, review your accounts online if possible and see whether you've been refunded your registration fee. I am also not listed either, but have a print out of my confirmation.

I emailed the Charleston race to get some answers.

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

Docket_Rocket

Hope you get some answers!  Maybe they credited you instead of another person by mistake?  If they credited, ask for the same price as you paid for the first time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Little Blue

Please post if you get a reply from the RD.  I'll be checking my credit card.  To be honest, I've been on injured reserve and won't be ready for this race, so if I got cancelled and refunded, it won't be the end of the world.

Anomalous

Will do ladies!

kitteh

Yeah, keep us posted. I've never heard of such a thing happening and I'm interested to see what the outcome will be.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Anomalous

Great news!

Someone told me how to find my race info on Active.com to check my status. I did and I'm registered for the race. Then another person told me that there was a contest for free entry into the Charleston Marathon/Half Marathon and that I must have won it if I got my fee refunded!

I guess I did!! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

That's awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kitteh

I was gonna say, if you're listed as a registrant and you have a confirmation email, then I just probably wouldn't ask too many questions. But then again, I tend to be a bit unscrupulous and would tell myself that the race gods had smiled upon me and granted me one free ride for my efforts. But I figured that sort of response wouldn't go over well here and people would jump on me for trying to take money out of the hard-working race director's hands.

Anyhow, I'm glad that that legitimately IS the outcome to your story! Enjoy the race!!

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Little Blue

I'm glad you posted.  I just checked my active.com account, and it doesn't have me listed for Charleston, even though I have a confirmation.

Guess it's time for a little detective work. Roll eyes

Docket_Rocket

Now this sounds like their organization is not very good.

Hope the mystery is resolved.

Damaris

Fundraising Page