Beginners and Beyond

Crap need advice real quick for a half ironman in 4 days (Read 92 times)

sirdizzy

Nah just kidding, I'm good but those post titles are always fun right Smile

Hard to believe just 4 more days to go, I have been training for this race for nearly a year now since last May, I don't think I have ever trained for a race that long (not my first marathon, not my first half or first race ever).

I think I might die of fright though, I can't remember if I was this scared the week before my first marathon but its nerve wracking.  Just need to get through the swim and everything will be ok, I'll just have to be Dory for like an hour just keep swimming just keep swimming.  Water looks to be cold though 56 degrees, bought new goggles thought about a warm cap too.

Left the world of the hobo triathlete this week too, bought my first pair of triathlon shorts last Friday (took em for a run on Friday, swim on Saturday and a bike today) and my first Cycling jersey yesterday for the race (took em for a ride today was going to just do a 5k run today but the wife wanted the car so I figured a good chance to use my race gear pre-race Smile so I'll do the 19 mile bike and like a 1-2 mile brick run instead).  So I went from a hobo runner (I used to run in old cotton t-shirts, basketball shorts and shoes) to a tech runner, to a hobo triathlete to a tech triathlete Smile  Also got the new TT bike like a month ago, have 270 miles on it before the race.

How is everyone doing?  Any exciting races, I admit my tri training has sucked a lot of my time haven't been peaking in very much.

RSX

Are there sharks to worry about?

sirdizzy

LOL actually there is biting big mouth bass to worry about haha a bunch of people from the tri club have commented on being bit.  I swam .8 of a mile last Wednesday with the club and a swimmer got bit right next to me, I guess its spawning season Smile

I found the perfect end to a nice hot bike and run, I did 19mlles on the bike and then did a mile run yesterday and then went out and had a watergun fight with my 3 year old that was a blast.  My friend is going to be at aid station 1 (which is also 12 as its an out and back and they have stations every mile on the run) and he is hiding me a Dr Pepper for mile 12 and I also going to buy him a watergun to shoot me with Smile

Little Blue

Good luck, Dizzy!!  :thumbsup:

Supersono99

Good luck, Dizzy.