Beginners and Beyond

Never Underestimate The Tuesday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Penguins!

Chancing Internet providers is a pain in the backside - especially when the email address they give you is the one you use for everything! I never thought we would leave Verizon, but alas we are leaving their DSL and going with the speed of cable. We were holding out for FIOS but we have waited long enough. So I spent all of last night updating email addresses....ugh.

After work I have 5 miles planned - it's supposed to be close to 80 degrees

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 with strides and weights tonight.

Gustav, enjoy the 5 after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I slept like a rock last night. I got home from work at 9:30, changed, got ready for bed, and was asleep sometime not long after 10:30. And when my alarm went off for my run, I just kept on sleeping. If my neighbors weren't just having the world's loudest *ahem*.... well I may have overslept work. So, in an awkward way I guess thanks to them for having themselves such a loud and enjoyable morning....???

So I guess I needed the sleep.... no time to run now Sad

I've been better lately about occasionally finding the energy to work out after work. I will plan for the gym later. Man I hate the TM! I may consider a night run.... it's going to be so warm. The only thing is I need to run on busy sidewalks to feel safe and that gets annoying. We will see...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

6.73 last night with the group, tonight maybe rest, maybe run, legs feel a bit heavy.

Zel, to answer your question from my RR, there's one here local that I will most likely do in December, but it all depends how the summer goes on building my mileage.

Dad on the run.

Kristin - you should have just started screaming maniacally just to see if they would have stopped.

Running Week 5 Day 2 with our friends tonight. I can't wait for them to finish so we can start running the whole time. I'm not use to this whole stop and start thing anymore.

Did arms yesterday, wanted to get some abs in as well but I was just feeling really lazy. Both of my calves are hurting today as well as the right side of my right leg from my ankle to about half way up my shin :/ Really didn't think 2.3 miles of run/walk in my Vibrams would be that hard on me...

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Bin Running

Morning guys! Still no running yet. No treadmill and its raining all day. I did have chance to run at the hill of the farm that I stayed but sweaty attire might be a challenge. Seem like not so easy to run during vacation. Guess I'll will take a week rest.

Kristy, your morning encounter is too funny.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - I've been through that.  I've never used an internet provider's email address since.  There were accounts that were a huge pain in the butt to close because they would send confirmations to the old address, which of course I couldn't access.

Docket - Have a great workout, and a great day.

Kristin - You neighbors sound like a real pleasure to live next to.  I'm looking forward to morning runs again.  We're almost to that time of year.

Mitch - I'll be right there building my mileage with ya.  Being in Indiana though, my marathon will be in November.  Is it weird that I'm just as excited about raising money for St. Jude Children's Hospital as I am about running the marathon?

jbj - Switching to Vibrams is probably a great time to go through C25K again.  I can't imagine that's an easy transition.

Bin - Just enjoy the vacation.  If you get a chance to run, that's great.  If not, rest is good.

AFM, yesterday's rest day seemed to drag on forever.  Tonight will be an adventure.  My car is in the shop, and when its time to pick it up I'll run from my house to the garage (about 6-7 miles).  That will be my workout for today.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Thanks, Awood. Guess that's my plan.

Car went into ditch again?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

hahaha....I should have!!

How is it integrating C25K in with your own running goals/training program? A friend who lives by me   wants to start running. She got fitted for shoes, she's been doing some run/walking on the TM but now that it's getting warmer she wants to really start running and do it outside and expressed interest in wanting my help as a running partner. I want her to try C25K. But to also do all of her runs (or at least most) and also my own may be hard. I'm thinking get all my miles in first and end by her house (she's a little under a mile from me) and then do her program with her as a cooldown (or opposite...run with her as a warmup)... what do you do?

Kristin - you should have just started screaming maniacally just to see if they would have stopped.

Running Week 5 Day 2 with our friends tonight. I can't wait for them to finish so we can start running the whole time. I'm not use to this whole stop and start thing anymore.

Did arms yesterday, wanted to get some abs in as well but I was just feeling really lazy. Both of my calves are hurting today as well as the right side of my right leg from my ankle to about half way up my shin :/ Really didn't think 2.3 miles of run/walk in my Vibrams would be that hard on me...

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dad on the run.

Kristin - I try to run on the days I don't run with them. So I run Mon, wed, Fri, Sat and run with them Tues, Thurs, Sun. This don't always work out though at which point I will grab 3 or 4 miles before they get off work and then just do the C25K with them.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, y'all!!  The performance last night was ok, not spectacular.  Which is fine, it was sort of like a dress rehearsal, and I worry more if the dress rehearsal is great, because that usually means the main event is lousy!  So it's all good.

I'm scurrying a little -- I'm sneaking out to get a haircut in just a few minutes so I'm trying to get a few things squished in beforehand.

Per internet -- we had dial-up when we moved to our new house because it was all that was available.  Then we got DSL, but I needed to keep those old e-mail addresses because EVERYTHING is tied to them.  So yeah, I still pay $15 per month for dialup that we don't use.  Just for the addresses.  Blush

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Tori Runs in PA

Pittsburgh RN!

Morning!!

It's going to be another B.E.A.U.TIFUL DAY In Western PA today!!!!!!!

Going to get some running around done! I feel great after my 4 miles yesterday with the first 2 inclining!! :-)

I hope everyone is having as beautiful weather as we are today in PA!

Later taters.

Do or do not, there is no try. 

My first races EVER! 

Saxonburg Distance Series 5KRaces: 

#1: 7-14-2012 Cross Country Crusade 5K: 42:50 

#2: 8-11-2012 Roebling's Run 5K: 38:54

#3: 9-8-2012 Festival of the Arts 5K: 36:37

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning.  Got home late last night.   Going to work on RR today, or maybe at work tomorrow so I will have something to do there.  Still pretty sore from HM, so we will probably take a break for a few .  It was kind of fun using the FR10 on the flight home.  Awesome splits.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Gus: 80? Sounds like my home. Where are you from?

Docket: What is your typical mpw?

Kristin: One of the best things I have learned is there is nothing wrong with a little bit of extra rest.

Hog: Great RR and medal. That is one race I have on my list.

JBJ: I am impressed that you (and a few others here) also do weight work. That is something I just can't be bothered with. At some point, I would like to some squats and push-ups around the house, but I am just too lazy (or tired).

Bin: Have a great time in Taiwan.

Awood: Enjoy the miles. I have done that same workout before! (from home to the shop). Smile

HM: Man, you are busy with the singing!

Tori: Enjoy the nice weather. Smile It sounds PERFECT!!

Jerry: I am looking forward to your RR.

As for me, I will do seven easy miles later today while DD is in the pool. Thanks again for the kind words on my RR. Believe me, every bit helps to keep me going.  Also, I received my Bin Headband in the mail yesterday and I will debut it on my run today. Man, that thing is comfortable! Thanks, Bin!  Have a good day, Pens.