Beginners and Beyond

Happy Milk Chocolate Day, Monday Penguins! (Read 23 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I took a break today.  Back at it Tuesday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

The 8 went just fine, and I found my bus station and my destination today without any trouble!  Then as I was walking around with the student, the other chaperone called me and she happened to be about a block away AND in a car!  So we drove around for a bit and I even got a ride into San Jose.

Tomorrow I kind of need to be in 2 places at the same time, still haven't perfected that one.

PAD- Hope the checkup was good news.

obie- Hope the time off does the trick!

HsM- I'm glad you're keeping up with the walking schedule!  Repeating a week is still getting out there and moving. Smile

Cherie- Glad you got a good run in today, and hope the appointment went well!

Scotty- Yikes!  Glad that happened in a doctor's office and not out on a run somewhere!  Remember, hydration isn't just for drinking beer after a run!

Jerry- Hope the UST wasn't took much of a workout for the wallet!  The tailbone is mostly OK.  It's not stopping me from doing anything, but I definitely feel it.  Might need to look into a sports massage or something to see if there's a grumpy muscle in there now.

Robert- Enjoy the break, and the run tomorrow!

GinnyinPA

Hello all.  Still no running, though my leg feels better. We did a couple of short hikes at Mt. Baker which may have helped or may have made things worse.  Yesterday's hike up Goat Mountain had 2900' elevation gain in 3.2 miles (and then we had to go back down), but surprisingly, my knee didn't feel worse afterwards.  Maybe the incredible views helped heal the pain?  I only felt my knee the first mile, which was the easiest one.  I still don't feel ready to run though.  I tried a few steps at the campground last night, and I definitely felt twinges, so today's hikes were much easier. Besides, both Jim and Ben were tired after yesterday's climb.