Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Who Knew, or Better Yet, Who Cares? (Read 60 times)

Hip Redux

15 miles done on the bike, going to stretch and ice my hip/groin/thigh whatever injury.   Didn't bother me at all on the bike, so that's good.  At least I got something done today to combat the bag of M&Ms I ate earlier.

No more marathons

15 miles done on the bike, going to stretch and ice my hip/groin/thigh whatever injury.   Didn't bother me at all on the bike, so that's good.  At least I got something done today to combat the bag of M&Ms I ate earlier.

Yum!

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Jay...nice tempo run run. Maybe she thought you were just racing her and not doing your own thing. I hate unfriendly runners. Good to see you're a Yucateo guy - smart man.

7.7 for me today...fast at the end to dodge the rain.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

What is it?

No zombies, it's the Scotiabank Vancouver 1/2. Check out one of the leaders majorly cut a corner right at the end of this video.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Come in June and run my favourite race ever.

I would love to, but my husband really wants to see the Northern Lights (and I'm unwilling to go back to Alaska in the winter) so it will likely be early April or late September.

Phil, bravo on the TM speed session.

BeachRunner3234, I hope that toay wasn't terribly taxing.

lilac_jive, I hope that you had a pleasant ride.

Rick, smoking run this morning .

MBC, I hope that all goes well.

B-Plus, amazing intervals.

Brr, sweet sweaty six.

Marjorie, terrific 10.6.

kristin10185, becoming accustomed to early runs can be difficult.

scottydawg, I hope that the five miles were fun.

Nicole, I hope that you enjoyed your three-miler.

Zelanie, I hope that your run goes well.

jjs22, enjoy the well-earned downtime.

Tom, fantastic four. Great idea, wearing older shoes in the wetness.

RSX, excellent 8.7. The hot stickiness? Not so muchSad

Robert, bravo on the weights. Keep at itSmile

Beth, enter!

Jay, awesome virtual HM.

Oski, ouchiesSad I'm glad that you're able to remain active.

SIAR, sweet 7.7.

I did legs/glutes, ab work, push-ups, an forty-five minutes on the elliptical machine at level 12/20. I was stuck on the T long enough to seriously mess with my available time, so, I decided to do cardio yesterday and running today, instead of running yesterday and cardio today.

Tonight, at the gym, I did weights, and, push-ups, and an eight-mile progression run in 1:14:27 on a TM. Splits:

Mile 1 - 6.1mph (9:50)
              Mile 2 - 6.2mph (9:40)
              Mile 3 - 6.3mph (9:31)
              Mile 4 - 6.4mph (9:22)
              Mile 5 - 6.5mph (9:13)
              Mile 6 - 6.6mph (9:05)
              Mile 7 - 6.7mph (8:57)
              Mile 8 - 6.8mph (8:49)

My ankle feels OK. I have no idea what happened yesterday:/

Will run for scenery.

Decided to do the 3 mile Tuesday pub run (I missed it last Wednesday Surprised  ).  Felt good to get the ole bod moving, but I didn't have a whole lot of pep.  It's been a hot sticky day. Maybe a cool recovery beverage will help.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

B-Plus

I would love to, but my husband really wants to see the Northern Lights (and I'm unwilling to go back to Alaska in the winter) so it will likely be early April or late September.

Great! Come in April because that's your name. You can also do the Vancouver Sun Run, the largest road race in Canada (60,000 entrants in 2012). You might remember my fun run report back in April.

I would like to see the Northern Lights!

Basya - Great progression run!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My 7:00-8:00pm client cancelled tonight so I hauled it home and got a run in before it got super dark. I decided to do my longest of the weekday runs on my schedule since I didn't have a time constraint. Ended up with 5.6 miles. It was windy by the water and the breeze felt amazing and then it started raining. Never thought I would be so happy to run in the rain....beat the heat and humidity for sure!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apparently, I posted on yesterday's thread.  7 miles done.  The fartleks were fast especially considering it was hot as balls.

Damaris

Zelanie

I am back from my second-ever trail run.  It turns out my RP *did* want to run the steep part, ack!  But it builds character, right?  I think my Garmin says something like 1280 feet of elevation gain, just about all in the first two miles.  Yikes.  I did walk one little part, and my dog insisted on a break right after we got to the top, but other than that we made it.  Hopefully I wasn't too slow for my RP, who is in great shape coming off a relay a few weeks ago.