Beginners and Beyond

Would you ever run a marathon on a whim? (UPDATED with results) (Read 110 times)

LRB

Today it came easy.  Until it wasn't.  lol 

Hilarious!

Great job Onemile.

Congrats!  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damn.  Congrats!

Damaris

StepbyStep-SH

Congratulations! Was it cool there? I saw photos some friends posted of the start and it looked like everyone was in long sleeves (at least in the part of the pack they were in).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

Congratulations! Was it cool there? I saw photos some friends posted of the start and it looked like everyone was in long sleeves (at least in the part of the pack they were in).

It was around 45 at the start - upper 50's by the time I finished. I wore shorts, tank and arm warmers. Took the arm warmers off around mile 10.  It felt pretty warm in the sun for the second half.  I saw people wearing jackets and tights though.

Jay, Docket - thanks!

StepbyStep-SH

It was around 45 at the start - upper 50's by the time I finished. I wore shorts, tank and arm warmers. Took the arm warmers off around mile 10.  It felt pretty warm in the sun for the second half.  I saw people wearing jackets and tights though.

Jay, Docket - thanks!

Perfect racing weather! You really rocked it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

workinprogress11

Great marathon on a whim!  I will be interested to see what a real training cycle brings you. Congratulations!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

You're nuts.  Congrats on your new PR!  Sub-3:30 soon!!!

I will never be able to keep up with you via foot, but we should go for a bike ride sometime this summer!

Running is dumb.

MothAudio

Nice! Not really surprised you did well. More comprehensive training cycle and you should have another PB.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

onemile

Thanks guys. My half suggests I should be running closer to a 3:20 so my plan is to actually train and try to hit that this fall.

Mandy - we will definitely have to plan a bike ride.  And another Du!  Did you decide to order the new bike?  (oh and I'm pretty sure you can beat me on the bike.)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am going to up Minnesota in two weeks to hopefully buy my new bike.  And I am totally in for our annual duathlon this fall.  I plan on beating you on the bike section this year! 

Running is dumb.

onemile

I am going to up Minnesota in two weeks to hopefully buy my new bike.  And I am totally in for our annual duathlon this fall.  I plan on beating you on the bike section this year! 

Exciting. I stand no chance if you're not on your heavy mountain bike!  Hopefully we get better weather this year.