Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Beer Me SaturDAILEY (Read 25 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on the lakefront.  Cooled down on the beach.  It was hard to leave.  All that was missing was a 3 Floyds.

Cheers !!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I loved the race, but hated the hills.  1:46:50.

Congrats AW....

Dad on the run.

Ok... So I'm probably going to get yelled at for this but here goes anyways...  So, Wed. coming down the stairs I had some pretty intense pain run through the side of my knee. Thursday morning it was still hurting pretty bad so I called and made a dr appt for friday afternoon. I woke up Friday and my leg was a very dull pain and by the middle of the day I barely noticed it there. Today I wake up and my leg isn't hurting at all, not one iota. I decide to see how it holds up with a slow easy run. Well everything is going well and I decide to run on a road I never ran on before. There is quite a large hill in front of me and I make my way up no problem, but what goes up must come down. About half way down here comes the pain again. Thankfully it wasn't nowhere near the severity and once I stopped and started walking I barely even knew it was there. I'm going to rest today and tomorrow and try for a very slow easy walk/run Monday and see how it feels. I worked my way through it last time it did this with a run walk and lots of stretching. Hopefully I can do e same this time. I'm not opposed to going to the doctor but I'm going to give it a week or two and see how it does until then. I don't know why it hurt so bad Wed but if it was serious I feel like it would continue to be severly painful.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Jimmy, take care of yourself!

Awood, congrats on the PR!

My spur of the moment 5k after working 12 hours last night netted a 24:03. First mile was 7:20, and then I slowed/faded. Kind of disappointed in myself that I didn't keep pushing. I had way too much left in the tank when I finished. Butt......considering the summer dealing with PF, and no speed work to speak of, not too shabby.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - congratulations.  You did well, especially after a night working.

Jimmy - no yelling, since you sound so much like me.  Give it time to heal.  Then work on strengthening and stabilizing the knee joint.  Be careful at the gym.  You may have injured it by overloading it there.  My knee problems stem from backpacking with too heavy a load.  Most of the time they don't hurt, but steep hills can sometimes irritate them again.

PADRunner

PADRunner - fail because you didn't have enough energy, or because it upset your stomach?  I've been okay on short runs if I eat an hour before running, but longer runs need more time before I can run, except for bananas, which I can eat just before running out the door.

I don't think it was far enough in advance. A little heartburn, and I kept tasting it during my whole run. Didn't not much difference beyond that. Going to try a goo today on my long run.