Beginners and Beyond

September 2013 Racing Thread (Read 69 times)

Kaiser Permanente 5K 9/12  28:21 missed goal

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Mmmmm...beer

Heat and GI issues put me at a 1:39 for the RnR half, still 11min better than last year's performance at the same race in similar weather, I'll take it.

Just added another race, I wasn't going to be able to make this one, but luckily my schedule changed, which is good because I need the Grand Prix points. Smile

9/28 Dtothe2nd - Neptune 8k (goal - sub-32:00)

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Sorry for the delay.  All updated.  Please let me know the results, guys!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bozydeco - 9/21 Singleton 5M Goal=46:49

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Bozydeco , 9/21, Singleton 5M  , official Race time= 46:27

bluerun

Super B****

9/22, Fifth Ave. Mile results... 6:54, my knee is killing me, I am pissed.  The end.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Updated.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

9/21 NC24 12-Hour Run - 49.6 miles

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Just B.S.

I have race #10 of the season this Saturday August 31st, an Olympic tri on Ottawa a 12

hour drive from home. It doesn't start until 10:30am  and it might be Sept 1st by the time I finish!LOL

For Sept I am back in my own province for the first race and travelling for the next one.

Sept 22 - Fredericton Fall Classic 5k ( goal PR)

Sept 29 - Mooathon 26.2  in FREAKING IRELAND!!! with a travelling party of 32 crazy Canadians.

(goal -  epic fun and extra long training run for Oct goal marathon)

Updated:  5k PR's all around for Beth and Mr. Beth AND 1st Place in AG for both of us

in the 50-59 AG.

Hubby just turned 50 on the 19th of Sept so a nice little b'day gift for him.

21:00 for him 11/278 overall

25:27 for me   46/278 overall and 17th female

Woot!!! Who says you can't keep getting faster after racing for 10 years and being old Big grin

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Update: Results from the Labor Day 10K, ran only 3 miles before the race was stopped due to a fire.

Forgot to add 9/28 Oktoberfest 10K Goal: Have a blast and drink lots of beer after Wink

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

@runjerseygirl

I have the Spartan Race this Saturday (9/28).

Do you even run?