Beginners and Beyond

It's Monday Once Again Penguins! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

I think CoralieT found our FB group.  And somebody else was added earlier tonight as well.  Thanks for the link, guys.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I think CoralieT found our FB group.  And somebody else was added earlier tonight as well.  Thanks for the link, guys.

Me!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Yep, that's me. Hope it's OK!

Docket_Rocket

Sorry, no. Joking

Yep, that's me. Hope it's OK!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Sorry, no. Joking

I can leave if it's not OK?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Pretty sure she was kidding and welcoming you Smile

I can leave if it's not OK?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I was kidding, haha.  You can't see the smiley?

And just for that, here is grumpy cat.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Not blatantly obvious how awkward I am, whoops.

Docket_Rocket

CoralieT, did you leave?  You're no longer there!!!!!!!!!!  Add yourself back this minute!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

CoralieT, did you leave?  You're no longer there!!!!!!!!!!  Add yourself back this minute!

I didn't leave! Still shows up on my sidebar. Currently trying to explain the Grumpy Cat meme to my other half. Not succeeding.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  I can see you on the sidebar but if I search for you and try to tag you, I cannot.  FB has been run over by Pluck.  Sigh.

I love Grumpy Cat.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Hello to everyone!  I am glad you've found the FB group!

Awood- I voted for you!  GPS definitely distracts me, but I also wonder if it will help me start out at a reasonable pace.

Jimmy- Glad you're back, and hope that you can find the joy of running soon.  Because that's definitely what it's about more than any PR.

I wasn't quite able to hit the pace or the incline I had planned for today, but I did get some practice in the mental work of hanging in there for a tough workout tonight!  I was able to hold my 5K pace for 5x3:00 at a 3% incline, but that was it.  Well the first two I did faster and steeper, but couldn't maintain.  On the other hand, I found my limit in a way that I hadn't done in a while, as far as getting to the edge of my ability cardio-wise and mentally.  So that was good practice.

GinnyinPA

Coralie - the aches after your big week may have been because you were doing the miles too fast, not necessarily because you were doing too many.  At least, I find that I hurt more after a fast workout than a long one.