Beginners and Beyond

Time travel race series!? (Read 77 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

What would you guys think about a race in the fall where we start just before the clocks get rolled back by an hour?  You could knock an hour off of your marathon or HM time.  You might run a 10K or 5K and finish in the past.  Here in Indiana, we could start in one time zone and end in another.  That would give you the opportunity to wipe out 2 whole hours.  I could run a HM, and actually finish before the time I actually started.  Who's with me?  I want to find a race director to organize the time travel race series.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That would involve racing at 2am but could be a fun concept! I want to be elite!! lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

YAYpril - B-Plus

A friend of mine did this one a few years ago: The Impossible 5k

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I love this idea.  Forget negative splits, we're going for negative times.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Gator eye

Hum...that sounds like cheating.

I'm in Big grin

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That sounds like a lot of fun.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mmmmm...beer

That would be a cool race!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

I like it.  Being a fellow Hoosier and near "the line", I think it's totally plausible.

Something witty

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Who do you think we need to talk to?  The guys over at THTiming?  They seem to be in on most of the races over in that area.  I think we'd have to start somewhere just outside of LaPorte and head west.  If we start at 1:55 Eastern, we'd drop back one hour because of time zone and another due to falling back.  If it were only a 5K we'd be done shortly after midnight, and still be able to grab some beers at the bar.

I like it.  Being a fellow Hoosier and near "the line", I think it's totally plausible.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Who do you think we need to talk to?  The guys over at THTiming?  They seem to be in on most of the races over in that area.  I think we'd have to start somewhere just outside of LaPorte and head west.  If we start at 1:55 Eastern, we'd drop back one hour because of time zone and another due to falling back.  If it were only a 5K we'd be done shortly after midnight, and still be able to grab some beers at the bar.

You're up in the northeastern corner, aren't you?  I'm down here in the southwestern corner.  I don't have any contacts up your way, but for down in this area, I may throw it out there to see if I get any nibbles (I do event management on the side) for sponsorships...  I guess I'll owe you a free entry for royalties... Big grin

Something witty

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That might be worth the drive if I can't get it going up here.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Spitballing here, but a jewelry store would be a good title sponsor...  M/F winners receiving a watch as their trophy.  Good thing about jewelry stores is that they typically have a large marketing budget, if you can get on the books well enough in advance.

Something witty

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

That is a brilliant idea.  I used to organize and promote powerlifting meets.  Now, you have my thinking.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

I don't think you can make up 2 hours in a 5K.  The reason is that EST = CDT, so crossing the border between 2am EDT and 2am CDT wouldn't gain anything since Central hasn't changed their clocks yet.

I think the best negative time for a standard race distance is an intentionally slow (for many) 10K of slightly more than 1 hour.  That would allow you to cover both time cheats for a resulting time just shy of negative 1 hour.

1:55 EDT start

2:00 EDT time change = 1:00 EST

1:15 EST cross border = 1:15 CDT

1:25 CDT finsh (-0:30)

1:55 EDT start

2:00 EDT time change = 1:00 EST

1:15 EST cross border = 1:15 CDT

2:00 CDT time change = 1:00 CST

1:01 CST finish (-0:54)

It hurts my brain to think about it too much, so smarter people should verify this.