Beginners and Beyond

All Comers track meets - am I crazy? (Read 57 times)

kettledrum

Thanks to everyone for the advice and encouragement.

I know I'm no where near competitive in these things, just like everywhere else, so no worries in getting destroyed, I expect it.  But in looking at the past week's results it seems they run multiple heats or sections of every race except for the 3200 and the relays, so as long as I'm not in the fast section, I won't be running alone.   It looks like they break the milers up into sub 6:00 and above 6:00 and the 800 into sub 3:00 and above 3:00.

How accurate can McMillan be going from a 5k time down to these shorter distances?  From my most recent 5k time McMillan says I'm at a 6:44 mile and a 3:01 800m.   Seems I could use those times as a goal and just see how it turns out.  1st time is likely to be a crapshoot anyway I figure?

The weird thing is that this week is "off" distance night with 200, 600, 1200, and 2400 plus relays.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

How accurate can McMillan be going from a 5k time down to these shorter distances?  From my most recent 5k time McMillan says I'm at a 6:44 mile and a 3:01 800m.   Seems I could use those times as a goal and just see how it turns out.  1st time is likely to be a crapshoot anyway I figure?

Yeah, I think those are reasonable goal times. I plugged in a recent 5k time and it came back with pretty much what I'd figure for a mile and 800.

- Andrew