Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's SunDAILY (Read 23 times)

tracilynn

Hey everyone

lotsa good long runs happening!

I'm not running much. I too have a cold, it's not bad but its in my chest and my right shin splint is still hurting so I guess now is an ideal time to catch a cold.

Trying to decide if I should DNS at my 15k Saturday. It was only $12 and I get a LS BROOkS tech shirt. We also have lots of plans that day too : pumpkin patch, & a brewery tour for our anniversary.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Nice running Bin, Damaris, PAD and Coralie.  Congrats Kristin on the great finish.

DW and I got our 10 @ 11:00.  Nice and cool and the Bears kept the bikers away.  Sore knees and feet.  Need ice and a beer.

BTW, last week,  a 68 year old biker was killed on our bike path when he got entangled on a dog leash.  They are looking for the dog owner who left the crime scene.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens:

Coralie: 94 here today, but I think that could be it for the heat.

My run went very well. 16 miles 8:07 avg pace. I did the middle 12 miles at about a 7:38 pace. I had no idea I could do that!

Nap time.  Zzzzzzzz...

Dad on the run.

hey everyone! 10 miles @ 11:36m/m. I had to run/walk the last 1.5 miles but I was scheduled for 20 miles this week and I missed a run so I just added it onto my long run... It was more of a reminder to make sure I run my miles daily than anything else. Surprising my leg felt decent through the run. Some ITB tightness but nothing that wasn't manageable.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday so far, I had to run home from my parents to let the dogs in because it started raining. Now its a pit stop at Wal-Mart on my way back to pick up some snacks. I'm thinking I want some Nutella and butter cookies!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ditto, Jimmy and Jack.

tracilynn

Jerry, so sad about the biker. Were there witnesses?   I wonder why someone would leave the scene. Hmm.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Jerry, so sad about the biker. Were there witnesses?   I wonder why someone would leave the scene. Hmm.

We run at that exact spot almost every day about a mile from home.  And I was worried about the bikers killing a runner.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-10-04/news/chi-police-seek-witnesses-to-bike-fall-that-killed-northbrook-man-20131004_1_bicycle-northbrook-leash

Docket_Rocket

Ugh. I hate bad drivers, dog owners, whatever.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Coralie, next race is a 32k on 20 Oct. Full on 1st Dec.

Jack, mighty strong run.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

5 mile easy run is done, it was difficult to get going, but once I loosened up, felt good.