Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday's New Sheriff In Town Penguins (Read 20 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  I have been at a deposition all morning, so bear with me.  I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  Legs are still tired, but they better wake up because I have a marathon to run, sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I would start the thread but my phone is not smart.  you are lucky, stonefence..my phone is smarter than me....of course, most things and people are smarter than me.

Happy group workout, PAD!

HsM - don't be late to rehearsal!

Hope the massage did it for you, Jack, and your miles tonight will go great!  Good luck to your daughter!

Yes, Traci...New Year's Eve, 1974....I was 20 years old...and kind of 'lost it' for a while after that....that year became  "My Year of Crazy.."  looking back, some of the wild stuff I did that year, I'm surprised I lived through it all.    Hope your shins are behaving!  Yeah, smart move. Plain rain, okay.  Lightning...bad!

Well, Z, if your hips feel as good as they look, then you're golden! 

Happy rest day, Mitch!

Good luck with the 5 today, Ginny!  No snow yet back there in 'real winter' country? 

Congrats on your hilly run, Brilliant!  Yeah, those darn speedy OLD guys...they are why I don't usually get any AG awards.  My only strategy is to outlive the competition. 

Are the legs awake yet, Damaris?  Hope your miles go well today!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

IF we have a good clear & dry day we will prob do Chimney tops but it looks like its going to be really rainy while we are there.  I don't wanna hike up that steep last mile just to see clouds.  ha

we also plan to do these hikes:  most of these are in Old Growth Forest and along creek beds

Little River trail (Cucumber gap trail)

Porter's creek trail

Baskins Creek Falls

we are going for 5 days

enjoy your rest day

I bet you will see some great fall colors. My race a few weeks ago was a bit too early. Yea, don't try to hike if it's wet or raining. Have a great time and post some pics when you get time.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5.5 for us @ 10:04.  Not sure where the "speed"is coming from, but I better be careful with Des Moines coming up soon.  Finally booked the family trip to Cancun.  We leave on election day.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good evening everyone.  I stopped at the park on my way home and got 2 miles.

I run with my phone for obvious reasons, and it wouldn't stop ringing this afternoon.  Work stuff so it was no home emergency but it does get aggravating when it's one call after another and you're constantly looking at it...

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

Good job Robert!

I wanted to run 4 miles but the BLERCH talked me into 3 and I listened. Oh well.

~~~~~~~

Traci

From the Internet.

Late check-in - made it to the dailies before my talk but not you guys! Presentation was fine, boss said I did well, it's over now, haha.

Officially registered for my 10K on Monday now! Think I'm going to go out aiming for 50:00 and pick it up toward the end if I can to try to break into the 49s.

Hey traci - I ran this morning and my legs are already recovered from my race Sunday! I swear if I can do this there is hope for you too! Lol.

Zel I don't even remember if I congratulated you on becoming a marathoner, way to tough it out and looking forward to your RR!

PADRunner

Scotty, that is sad. Didn't you lose your first wife and your baby to a drunk driver??

stone, have fun with the strides.

Pad, you gonna do S.H.I.T.( super high intensity training) today? Ha. I stole that from Jerry 

Damn near. 30 min warmup 8x600 w 1 min rest. Was supposed to be 10.