Beginners and Beyond

Breathe In Breathe Out Wednesday Penguins! (Read 30 times)

Robert31320

Team TJ

Happy Wednesday, Penguins!

I got in a short 3.7 mile run this morning that will likely be my last before Saturday's HM.  Looking forward to my first marathon expo tomorrow and then on to the race.

Hope all of you have a great day!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Dad on the run.

From yesterday : Hog - huh? what mail?

On another note :

DC Rainmaker has his full review up of the 220 and 620. Est ship date from the site I pre-ordered mine is 11/15... can't wait! I know its WAY more watch than I need but I love electronics and since I've started running I don't really spend time on my laptop, ipad, consoles anymore so that just leaves my watches to upgrade, lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

tracilynn

Hey y'all

Breathing, I think I do 2 in and 2 out and that's fer easy runs.  I'm slow so 2 of my steps are like 4+ of everyone elses! I reckon.  Wink

Just ran 4mi and 3 of that on trails.  It was tough too.  I guess my cold and the week off and all that damn Halloween candy Big grin

Jerry, whats your goal for Nashville?  and I'm not talking about how many bars youre gonna hit while there...

~~~~~~~

Traci

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Jimmy, yeah, I do get pretty corny, lol.  My wife just shakes her head in pity.   She says even after being married 29 years, she still can't figure out how my mine works, lol.  Enjoy your running time with your buddies today.   7 miles!  The ITB will NOT bother you today.  So Scottydog has said, so it shall BE!  Joking  I wish it were that easy.  Good luck!

Good luck with getting back into your routine, PAD!

Sleep well, Mitch!

Enjoy the rehearsal, HsM, and have fun watching the competition.  Plus, Hawaii does NOT have daylight saving time, so that must throw your time difference off even more a bit.

Stay safe on your run tonite, Jack!

Snow on the ground already?  You better wear your "non-slip' running shoes obiebyke. Joking

Coralie, just kick back and have fun with the 10K, don't even worry about pace, time, etc. Maybe even carry your camera with you. Will your family from the UK go with you to the 10K?   Remind them that they have to run on the RIGHT side of the road. Wink

You are running well, Lauren, congrats!

Damaris, I've done 62 events in 2013, but they have all been short distances and I do them all pretty easy.  All those marathons you're doing this year, and some so close to each other....way more impressive!   I wish I had 1/4 of your energy!

Enjoy the Expo, Robert, and happy tapering for the rest of the week!

Impressive you got out there, Traci, after a houseful of sick kiddies and you fighting being sick too.  Good on ya!  Hope you and family are all doing better now, health-wise.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Scotty, that is my plan. Just enjoy the run. I'm hoping I can talk my family into coming, I'm sure it's boring waiting for a slow person to finish a race, lol. The Frog Festival is also that weekend, so we will be heading there afterwards.

Dad on the run.

Scotty - We will see, if it does I'll just call it quits and walk back to my car. I'm really hoping that I can get it done though, praying for pain free!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Singer who runs a smidge

Just in case you want to see some really nice barbershop, linky.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

LRB

How's that MI weather?

Temps in the 50's but with the grey skies and rain it's pretty dank...is dank even a word?

Thanks for posting that review link Jimmy!

Jack, I believe lily has run as much as 20 miles on a track!

HM, as luck would have it I clicked on that link and they were talking about the Spirit of Detroit girls!

Zelanie

Jack, I prefer the track to a 1.5-2 mile neighborhood loop any day. You can just kinda zone, plus the surface is so nice and soft.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.25 miles.  Last run before Saturday's HM.  All parts seem to be working.  Slow, but working.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hey y'all

Breathing, I think I do 2 in and 2 out and that's fer easy runs.  I'm slow so 2 of my steps are like 4+ of everyone elses! I reckon.  Wink

Just ran 4mi and 3 of that on trails.  It was tough too.  I guess my cold and the week off and all that damn Halloween candy Big grin

Jerry, whats your goal for Nashville?  and I'm not talking about how many bars youre gonna hit while there...

#1 goal is finishing, #2 is 2:19 PR, but not stressing over it.    Hope those hills at the beginning don't kill me.  Looking forward to Holly Williams at the Ryman Auditorium.

hog4life

Jimmy, nevermind about the mail, I had a severe lapps in memory. It was postmarked Bham.....

Robert, Good luck this weekend!

Coralie, good luck to you too! It was taper, right?

Jerry, good luck to you and the Mrs also

And good luck to Scotty

And good luck to me, hehe (20 miler with HM thrown in)

obiebyke

Good luck, Jerry!

5 done for me. First run with my new Sprinter headlamp. I like it! But man, people are jackholes in the dark. It's going to be a long winter.

Craziness: Right around mile 4 I hear absolutely desperate screaming of the child variety. I turn my head, which turns my lamp, of course. I see two big kids holding a little kid by the ankles and wrists, carrying her while she struggles and goes bananas. I yelled "Hey! What's going on?!" and crossed the street. Once I was over there, they put the little girl down and she stopped screaming. I asked if everyone was okay, and they told me she just didn't want to go inside. Huh. I said, "Well, she sounds scared." I didn't know what else to do since she had stopped screaming, so I kept going. Jesus, guys. Scared me. My last mile was the fastest by far.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)