Beginners and Beyond

SATURDAILIES - Up All Night, Sleep All Day (Read 185 times)

Ball of Fury

Good morning everyone!

Weezer:  Enjoy the group run and the awards ceremony...sounds fun!

Hog:  Get some rest and then enjoy your run.  I would tell you to enjoy the shopping too, but let's be honest...it's a Saturday less than 2 weeks before Christmas!

April:  Have a great group run...at least you have others to keep you awake, right?

Angela:  Sounds like you are having a great recovery!  God bless you for teaching our children!  I was very worried about what DS8 would say about the CT incident last night, but he hasn't heard about it.  I can't really find a good way to tell him so I am just waiting to see if he asks.  I wonder if that is the best approach though?

Baboon:  Enjoy the slopes!!  

Damaris:  Hope you have a nice 6!

BPlus:  I was also up at 4:00...it sucks!  Have a nice 15.

Kay:  Good luck at the 5K!]

Step:  I think having an inside cookies/crafts day with your DS sounds completely awesome!  

Lilac:  I hate ITB issues!  Good luck on your TM run and enjoy the Hobbit!

Dtothe2nd:  Nice pace for your 3.  Enjoy volunteering...I need to volunteer at a race soon.

7.3 @ 9:50 this morning before work....12 hours on a Saturday makes me sad.  Anyway, the run was ok, but I had to cut it a bit short (was supposed to do 8) because my ITB was very tight and I realized I was limp/running.  We have 20 for tomorrow so I felt it was better to cut it short than to keep pushing.  On another note, I was super proud of my DS8 last night.  He asked me if we could go to the Children's Museum tomorrow since I have to work today and I told him I wasn't sure we would have time because DH and I each have 20 miles to run (we have to take turns).  I expected whining but he just said ok.  I told him I appreciate his understanding and I know it has been tough on him with all the training (I think I have seen him for about 2 hours this week total).  He said, "well, I appreciate your hard work and dedication to running the marathon."  It made me a bit teary!  Have a great day all!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Jess runs for bacon

Well that didn't go well. I tried to walk first to loosen things up and it never did. I think I made a mistake in rolling first. Of course, now that I've showered and changed it seems to be better. That''s OK, usually tomorrow is a rest/XT day so I'll just do it then. I have more time tomorrow for it to loosen up to, today's schedule was a little too full.

I'm sad, I want to keep watching The Fellowship! Argh!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning gang! 13.1 miles on the Cburg HM course here. Fast finish in 8:18, 7:47, and 7:39 with a cool-down mile to finish. Going to get the tree today so that's always fun with family.

Good luck to anyone racing.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

B-Plus

Wow Ami, that sucks!! I won't complain about working 8 hours today then.

14.8 miles @ 8:11 w/ a fast-ish finish. It was a bit windy out there. Off to shower now.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Back from my run.  I did 12.36 miles total.  The run was a little odd though.  Only two guys showed up at the running store where I thought we were doing a group run.  Apparently, it's every other Saturday - oops.  Anyways, they were both just running 2 miles (it was one guy's first time running outside).  So I ran the first two miles with them, at 12:00 pace.  After that I swung out on my own at my easy pace, and then did the last mile uphill at 6:30.  I guess it was a decent run overall, but more choppy than I'm used to.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

YAYpril - B-Plus

Angela, good to see you back, here's hoping for a quick recovery for you. Yesterday was a very sad day for the world.

I'm just waiting for my headache to clear and then I'm doing ten on the TM (while watching LOTR to prep for the Hobbit today). My IT band has been hurting every morning and I'm really wishing I had gone for a massage earlier this week. It feels better when I keep moving but it starts to hurt when I lie down and keeps me up at night. I've been foam rolling, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

DO THIS: http://strengthrunning.com/2011/02/the-itb-rehab-routine-video-demonstration/

It saved my ITB. Truly. I still do the routine a couple times a week for maintenance.

As for me, my 5 with the running group went swimmingly. We had a VERY small group today, only about 13 people, and 10 for breakfast. I ran with my friend Tom who wanted to run easy (his easy pace is my fast pace) so I figured I'd try to keep up with him. We ended up doing 5.12 at 9:37 average pace which is almost a minute per mile faster than I had PLANNED to run, but it felt good.

Docket_Rocket

lilac, I will be watching The Hobbit in an hour.  I cannot wait!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Amik: That is such a sweet story about your little one!  Good luck on your 20 tomorrow!

Angela: I'm glad you checked in and that your recovery is progressing well.

I was going to do my LR today but b/c I am so sick with this cold, I'm going to move it until tomorrow.  I'm hoping to do 11 today.

Docket_Rocket

Amik: That is such a sweet story about your little one!  Good luck on your 20 tomorrow!

I was going to do my LR today but b/c I am so sick with this cold, I'm going to move it until tomorrow.  I'm hoping to do 11 today.

You are still sick?  REST UNTIL IT'S GONE!  You hear me? Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Thank RMTB!  I hope you feel better...you have had bad luck with the sickness lately!

Weezer88

Back from my long run followed by a big breakfast and an awards ceremony.  I won the 'Rookie of The Year' and 'Close but No Cigar' awards.

Since I have all this energy, I'll be preping the basement for the contractor coming on Tuesday to start cleaning up after the flooded basement we had last Sunday. Finally taking advantage of the homeowners' insurance I've been paying into for years.

Have a GREAT rest of the day!

EDIT - AmiK, your son's comment made me tear up.  He sounds so grown up!

I AM WEEZER.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

7.3 miles with two different friends than I normally run with. (one is recovering from stress fracture and the other is on vacation). These two had me moving alot faster than I have been moving lately. They were both gracious enough to run at my pace although they are both significantly faster than me. Hoping to keep this momentum up in the coming months. I have zero doubt about my ability to cover the ultra distance but it is the time frame that worries me. Trails slow me down even more than usual. Nature of the beast.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Ball of Fury

Thanks Weezer!  It was a rare moment of maturity, I assure you!  But, it made me proud and also made me wish he was going to be there to see us finish the race!  DH and I are taking an adults only vacation and now I am a little sad about it.

ETA:  Congrats on the awards1

runmomto3boys

I know!  I feel like a big whiner.  We all had the flu last weekend and now after a few days reprieve, the whole family has colds - bad congestion.  Bah! 

11 in at 8:48 pace in the pouring rain. I am still sick as all get out and I felt it. The first 6 miles were at 9:10 pace and I really wanted to call it a few xs during the first 6. I started feeling better then after that and hauled my butt home, ru
                              nning too fast for the last 5. I hope, hope, hope I feel better tomorrow b/c I can't do 20 if I feel this crummy. Yes, yes - I will do a shorter run if I don't feel up to it tomorrow, promise.

kitteh

One thing that sent me out the door for a run yesterday was trying to cope with the news of the shooting yesterday.  Some of you know I'm a kindergarten teacher, and we're not too far south of the town in CT where it happened.  There were police cars posted outside of each school in our distract yesterday and we implemented a "rapid dismissal" - which just means that at dismissal we get the kids out and home to their parents as fast as possible.  I spend the afternoon eyeing spots in my classroom where the kids and I could huddle up and hide if we ever needed to.  And of course then I came home and bear hugged my own dd, who looked at me like I was crazy. 

I know what you mean about this. I work in a kindergarten classroom as an assistant teacher, and I've been trying my best to avoid the news because I just can't bear to think about it. I cry at the drop of a hat these days anyhow, so this is just too much. But despite my best efforts, I keep picturing my own students huddled and scared in a corner. I have also been trying to picture where we would hide in the event that something like this happened to us. It's just so horrendous, and I'm sure that the children who survived it are going to be traumatized for a long time to come.

Hoping to get out for 4-5 miles soon, though I might put it off and do it around sunset.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05