Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins like friendly competition! (Read 191 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

AW:  After your big "win" yesterday, you should go for the Carmel FM and compete with Heidi.

Heidi?  If you're talking about the person I think you're talking about, there's no way.  Dave can compete with Heidi.  I tap out..lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Kristin – I could see that happening.  If Zel and I would have been at the same race, I think we would have had a photo finish.  Congrats on a great 10K.  I haven’t run a 10K yet, but I’m betting that it’s one of the more challenging distances.  It’s a distance that you can really push yourself, but it’s just long enough that you could blow up.  Sounds like you rocked it.

Gustav – All of you guys and your cross training has inspired me.  One thing I’m going to try to add to my workouts is push ups.  You can do them anywhere, and I’d like to get to where I’m doing 100 a day.

Mitch – Great pace on your 10 mile run.  I can’t believe what Zel started with the virtual racing.  This is going to be a blast going forward.  The spring halfs should be fun, but I’m going straight into training for the Monumental Marathon after that.  I’d love to run it in under 4 hours.

Doc – Enjoy the Christmas party!  I know it sounds nerdy, but I have a day planner for 2013 with my training for January and February already planned out.  I have a feeling that you’re going to end up doing multiple marathons in your lifetime.

Bin – Way to get the miles in, and on a staycation too!

Zel – How do you shop for anybody, when you have everybody with you?  That seems tricky.  I guess one way to deal with holiday crowds would be to bring your own crowd.  Congrats again on your PR yesterday.

Dave – Your level of planning is kind of OCD…lol 

Damaris – I haven’t had a chance to check your RR yet, but adding miles after a race is pretty dedicated.  Yet, it doesn’t surprise me.

Nightcrawler – Definitely a good place to start.  I look forward to seeing your posts.

Traci – I’ll be cheering for you.  Go get em.

Lauren – Congrats on staying active during tough times.  That’s hard to do.

Jerry – That sounds like some quality miles to me.  I’m still looking forward to running a race with you and your wife one of these days. 

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

I was in San Diego today and ran 8 miles of the HM course I am doing in April. DW and I are both going to run it.  The 8 miles was very hilly and the big one has an elevation increase of about 450' or so in about 1.5 miles. It is steep, but manageable.  My time was 1:08 and it felt very nice.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hi Pens...

I was in San Diego today and ran 8 miles of the HM course I am doing in April. DW and I are both going to run it.  The 8 miles was very hilly and the big one has an elevation increase of about 450' or so in about 1.5 miles. It is steep, but manageable.  My time was 1:08 and it felt very nice.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

That makes my Knoxville HM look like a walk in the park.  Dry run sounds like a great idea.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jerry: You can see the course and elevation profile here.  I started at mile 4 and went to mile 12.  That hill is a doozy. I was thinking about how people with a fear of heights are told "don't look down." In this case I was thinking "Don't look up."

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Awood:  That would be great.  Can't do the Holy Half as our Debut HM in Knoxville with the inlaws is 2 weeks after.  Still would like to do FLW  again In October.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.  I used to lurk the BF forum in RW for a long time then I came over here last week and lurked some more.  I decided I would start posting because you guys seem like a friendly and positive group of people.  

Here's a little bit about me (since you asked, Hog4life).....I've been running on and off for over 20 years (my college roommate got me started). I continued to run because I enjoy it and it keeps me in shape.  I'm a night runner and some nights I feel like I'm crawling even though I'm going at a pretty decent speed so my friend came up with my name.  Plus everything else I tried was taken. So Tracilynn, no I didn't pick out the name because I fish.  I've only been fishing a few times in my life.  Lol 

I'm pretty shy at first but once I warm up to you, you can't shut me up.     

Don't believe everything you think. 

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

WELCOME NIGHTCRAWLER! Smile

FYI posted my RR, I know a few of you have been over to it already Smile

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/ed707462cecd482fb144228e2f8c1aca/resume#focus

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats Kristin!!! Big grin

Awood, all I do for upper body are pushups and pullups.  I love pushups for the same reason you said, you can do them anywhere.  I do 'em in the kitchen when I'm waiting for something in the microwave, or during commercial breaks while watching tv. Smile

Nightcrawler, welcome aboard!

So, I lied, after cleaning the house all day, I just didn't feel like doing a long run, or even my regular run (this is why I like to run first thing in the morning, no excuses lol).  So I did 3 miles to keep the streak alive.  A couple of light days will probably be good for me at this point (only did 3 yesterday too).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Nightcrawler, welcome. Congrats, Kristin.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Nightcrawler- Welcome!  I also run at night, although lately I've found that I do better running before dinner rather than afterwards.  But I hate to go out when I'm hungry, so sometimes I will eat dinner, wait, then end up out really late.  I am no good at all at going running before work, though I do usually manage a dog walk.

Jack- You are getting strong and speedy!

Awood- The big group shopping trip has become a yearly tradition, and it's tons of fun.  I think it's actually easier to shop for people you're with when you're in a big group, because you have more people to run distractions for you.  And lots of people who can keep an eye on somebody and let you know if they might have shown an interest in something along the way.