Beginners and Beyond

Monday, Monday Can't Trust That DAILIES (Read 51 times)

B-Plus

Thanks Basya. I have no idea what happened. I seem to have something really knarly stuck deep in my shoulder that is also limiting the range of motion in my neck. It's probably from falling asleep on the couch Friday night!

Jess runs for bacon

Thanks Basya. I have no idea what happened. I seem to have something really knarly stuck deep in my shoulder that is also limiting the range of motion in my neck. It's probably from falling asleep on the couch Friday night!

I used to get that allllll the time. Massage and ice. Mine got to the point where my shoulder would be stuck up to my ear. Finally got a good massage (did an hour and a half) and very few issues since.

I loooove wine. My current fave is Wild Horse Pinot noir, but usually I get a blend (red, no white).

Docket_Rocket

Nice run.  When is your next race?  I think you'll PR for sure if that's your current easy pace.

Scott, hearing that your knee is better is great. Have a wonderful workout.

Oski, awesome chilly ride.

Marjorie, I'm glad that your feeling better. Brava on having done Pilates.

Damaris, excellent having run and lifted today.

SIAR, sweet 6.20.

outoftheblue, fantastic 5.25-mile tempo run.

BruceD555, I understand difficulty holding back legs. Sweet seven-miler.

timman11, a sunset run along the river sounds lovely.

AprilRunner, amazing four-miler.

B-Plus, at least you were able to keep it together for three miles. I hope that resting and the massage help.

6.37 miles in 1:00:00. 9:26 pace. Except for the wind that kept slapping me in the race for the entire run. It was smooth and easy. I'd missed how Beacon Street undulates like a belly dancer's hips.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ouch.  I go to the chiro whenever I feel this way.  A good cracking at the neck works wonders.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Had a good time at the Runners for Boston event at my LRS.  They sold 400 shirts in a day to raise $8000 for OneFundBoston.  They put in another order for shirts, which I'm sure will sell out as well.

My new Type A5 racing flats were delivered today.  I was a lil mad when I ordered them, because I wanted the green ones, but RW didn't have them in my size, so I went with blue.  When I opened the box I realized that I had to wear them to the run tonight, they're perfect Boston colors!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Hi dailies:

Baboon and D^2 - nice shoe pics, may they not stay so clean for long.

Rick - ha, what a little cutie she is

AmiK - feel better

B+ - hope you recover quickly

4 easy miles, and then to bed after this post.  If I still feel this sluggish tomorrow, it's going to be a rest and eat steak day.

B-Plus

Ouch.  I go to the chiro whenever I feel this way.  A good cracking at the neck works wonders.

A neck cracking would be awesome right about now. I used to go to the Cairo for regular adjustment, but I'm hoping it'll take care of itself within a couple of days.

I used to get that allllll the time. Massage and ice. Mine got to the point where my shoulder would be stuck up to my ear. Finally got a good massage (did an hour and a half) and very few issues since.

I loooove wine. My current fave is Wild Horse Pinot noir, but usually I get a blend (red, no white).

That's the plan! Thank you both.

Tom, wonderful that you did weights.

B-Plus, that happens to me, sometimes. Usually when I've spent the evening chasing after little ones.

Shirfan, I hope that an easy run refreshed you.

Ab work and push-ups were done before bed.